LegacyGT.com

New to this forum (92’ Legacy GT)

Hey guys, moved to this fourm because I can’t seem to get on Legacy Central on Tapatalk anymore. I’ve got a 92 Legacy GT with the EJ20G in her. Love her, seems there’s not too much info on these cars on the fourm so let me know if you have any questions! 0fe020ab7898a8c3036149b1c41c668b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I recently just got a 91 legacy wagon too. My ignition switch is not working. The seller explained to me how he wiggles the key in a special spot and he could start the car right up. At this point I think I will just replace it. Did you have any issues with this? Or do you have any info on how to take off the steering column panels? I can’t seem to find any screws.

Also, what part of Texas do you live in? I myself live in El Paso.

• 4 weeks later...

I live near Santa Fe, NM. Just recently got a 92 legacy wagon.

I used to own a 88 Merkur XR4Ti so I am very used to maintaining a querky car. (DIY Head gasket three times. Timing belt twice. Front suspension bushings once) The Merkur owners group was very helpful, so I am glad to find a similar forum for this car.

The rear tire needed had a nail in it which was showing up as a slow leak. The wheel was frozen to the hub. So I applied WD40 liberally, backed off the lug nuts 1/16" and backed up and hit the breaks hard. I carry a puncture repair kit so the entire cost of repair was $5.

I will be looking on this forum for tips, parts and an opportunity to share what I learn.

20190814_160857.thumb.jpg.81c8f34403e3b8e1f9f0fd231f793dc6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago the gen 1 forum was full all the time. It seems most people have gotten rid of their Legacy's these days. Crushed or whatnot. Welcome to the club though

Nice wagon by the way. Where was it imported from?

Edited by Legacy Wagon

This car was sold new in Albuquerque, NM. I got it from a friend in Dixon NM. So it has always been in this neighborhood. The maintenance record is impressive. The 4 wheel drive was disconnected a while back, so it is front wheel drive at the moment. I still have the drive shaft. I may take it down to Mexico and get it rehabbed.

Don't know the details. I just know that the drive shaft is not in the vehicle and is in storage. So I have a front wheel drive car. I would not attempt to have the rear wheels engaged without making sure that all wheel drive functionality can be restored properly and that all four tires are replaced.