LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same. And if you install fairly powerful 'parking lights' between the low beam and blinkers, the pattern reflected in the lens is very nice I think.

Mine are not powerful at all, but at night it looks great!

attachment.php?attachmentid=271282&d=1543974914

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Guys, look at this! With the headlights too. Starting to notice more nose cuts with these headlights now. Even one for the obxt. They need to be restored though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2009-Subaru-Legacy-Front-End-Conversion-JDM-Nose-Cut-Hood-Fenders/323781378944?hash=item4b62dfc380:g:OngAAOSwHwRct6km

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Impreza and Forester front ends still go for $1500+. It's wild. I guess Legacy stuff truly isn't desirable enough and the most I'd pay at this point for a front end is like ~$800 shipped. I think I paid $1200 for my 3rd gen JDM front end.

I have both lol just crazy how prices have fallen.

I picked up my rear bumper for $80, including the rear fog light. Guy had it for a year then dropped it a couple times, when I saw that price I just went and got it thinking he didn't even have it anymore

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

I'm gonna be picking up the sedan rear beam and brackets I need soon so I can finally mount my JDM rear bumper, then I gotta get new mufflers to replace the turndowns I have now.

I'm still so sketched out about cutting up my JDM double DIN kit to fit my radio. I know it's only a small trim, but I just don't want to ruin this faceplate. I'd feel better about it if I could still get the faceplate separately from PartSouq for like $40 like I used to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

So, I have installed the LGT Spec-B front bumper on my 2007 2.5i wagon. Though the car did not come with fog lights originally, the wire harness for the fog lights on the 2.5i was there, but just taped up and out of the way from the factory. I have installed the factory switch/turn signal assembly and was hoping that might be all I needed to do, but there is no power at the plugs on the harness.

Anyone have any insight into what else I may be missing for the conversion? I have not really investigated deeply yet.

TIA!

-JH[emoji1365]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hurricane7

Did you check for missing fuses or relays related to foglights? That would be my bet.

Greetings,

So, I have installed the LGT Spec-B front bumper on my 2007 2.5i wagon. Though the car did not come with fog lights originally, the wire harness for the fog lights on the 2.5i was there, but just taped up and out of the way from the factory. I have installed the factory switch/turn signal assembly and was hoping that might be all I needed to do, but there is no power at the plugs on the harness.

Anyone have any insight into what else I may be missing for the conversion? I have not really investigated deeply yet.

TIA!

-JH[emoji1365]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
So guys I wired up my 08/09 headlights and the high beans and low beams work as they should. The corner amber lights are on at all times like running lights. And the strip in the middle is flashing(thought these were the running lights). Can someone confirm that that is how they should be wired and working please and thank you.

is opposite

those are the ones that a few guys installed such as UTCpyro. He'll speak up if I am wrong :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-Switchback-White-Amber-600-lm-DRL-Park-Turn-HPL-Crossfire-Lite-pair/202133136301?hash=item2f1012e3ad:g:yjgAAOSwuhFaIpu3&frcectupt=true

As for me, I simply installed double filament bulbs from Chevy Spark, and w5w bulbs for DRL (wannabe :lol:) using these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-SuperBright-4000K-genuine-philips-chip-LED-bulb-194-168-W5W-LIFETIME-warranty/202120358466?hash=item2f0f4fea42:g:dd4AAOSwR4JakcXV&frcectupt=true

You will see on the second link that the seller put a pic of an EDM postfacelift headlights with these in it.

High quality stuff on both links.

Edited by xt2005bonbon

My revA-C makeover. Car is starting to look more incognito. Have some carbon k2 style inserts for my fogs, black sport grille to get in. My new wheels are also black. Quite a bit more aggressive setup for fitment. The new look is going to be great. 20g is now in too :giggity: ~400hp/450+tq is going to be epic.83d0bc8aa6a882feede7090a6427759b.jpg47bcfbe72c98de0634d6bfae79c8a311.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk