LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

Thanks for the pic. He probably had to do some adjustments to that pointy lip circled in the post before yours.

But I can't answer your question though :(.

First time I see that. May have been cheaper to buy/install overall, but no OEM HID goodness though.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking at doing post facelift 2008 USDM swap to JDM post facelift front end. I was looking at nose cuts from russia, as diamond gray metallic is hard to come by. While doing so I think I found the oem part #'s for the radiator support or, TV set, as it comes up for some reason as on russian websites (maybe because of the look of it?). If I already have a set of JDM headlights, and provided I buy some aftermarket JDM compatible post facelift fenders and front bumper, then would these be the only other parts I need to swap?

Here are OEM part #'s for JDM version from what I found its stuff that ships from UAE (European market versions maybe, which would also be good for headlights given the shroud point issue for LHD vs RHD)

53060AG1109P

53060AG0209P

53020AG0109P

53020AG0019P

51231AG0009P

I am looking this route since its so tough to find the nose cut in my DGM color and if I go aftermarket it would justify just getting a full paint job and correction anyway.

Also saw these listed on Megazip.net, some supra forum guys were saying trustworthy but sometimes inventory off and they would just refund after taking forever to confirm availability.

Thanks

1903267237_2020-10-1611_57_04-Window.png.905236604f51e163cddf3b24dc88a94d.png

Edited by SpecDubC

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking at doing post facelift 2008 USDM swap to JDM post facelift front end. I was looking at nose cuts from russia, as diamond gray metallic is hard to come by. While doing so I think I found the oem part #'s for the radiator support or, TV set, as it comes up for some reason as on russian websites (maybe because of the look of it?). If I already have a set of JDM headlights, and provided I buy some aftermarket JDM compatible post facelift fenders and front bumper, then would these be the only other parts I need to swap?

Here are OEM part #'s for JDM version from what I found its stuff that ships from UAE (European market versions maybe, which would also be good for headlights given the shroud point issue for LHD vs RHD)

53060AG1109P

53060AG0209P

53020AG0109P

53020AG0019P

51231AG0009P

I am looking this route since its so tough to find the nose cut in my DGM color and if I go aftermarket it would justify just getting a full paint job and correction anyway.

Also saw these listed on Megazip.net, some supra forum guys were saying trustworthy but sometimes inventory off and they would just refund after taking forever to confirm availability.

Thanks

i m not sure where you going with this but you dont need the radiator face you showing in the diagram , usdm and jdm share same body . what you need is bracket headlight and best to have the bumper reinforcement .

it will be cheaper you buy a nosecut in your country and repaint it . 99.9 %the paint will not match.

• 4 weeks later...
i m not sure where you going with this but you dont need the radiator face you showing in the diagram , usdm and jdm share same body . what you need is bracket headlight and best to have the bumper reinforcement .

it will be cheaper you buy a nosecut in your country and repaint it . 99.9 %the paint will not match.

So yeah I am trying to understand the specific parts. Because if I am painting new body panels, and all I need is a few brackets and the bumper reinforcement how wouldn't that be cheaper than an entire nose cut? If I did get nose cut in DGM it would at least be close enough to not be a mismatched eyesore in the meantime.

I understand that the top bracket in the picture I linked is at least needed because that is different than the USDM... I have a set of JDM headlights already and they are slightly different on the top mounting tab.

For one to go facelift USDM to facelift JDM: need headlights, fenders, bumper cover, crash beam (or trim USDM?), JDM grille (preferably spec b honeycomb), and what other bracket etc.? If I am already going aftermarket painted fresh body panels, and already have the headlights, then I just want to know what else I NEED to get to make them work together?

An entire JDM nose cut seems excessive/expensive if the radiator and everything is the same and I won't need all that stuff that comes with it, and won't really need the headlights or bumper from it.

Edited by SpecDubC

installed my jdm sport bumper using a usdm bumper beam using a sawzall to make it fit. It's doable but probably not going to pass a state inspection.

What state pulls your front bumper to look at the crash beam? I'll avoid living there. Eesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What state pulls your front bumper to look at the crash beam? I'll avoid living there. Eesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I ever get in accident, the shop doing the repair work will raise a fuss. Then again, the way I drive if I "need" the front bumper repairs won't really be a problem.

pics? I have to put in the 14,000 lumen headlights over Christmas break. Will require pulling the front bumper skin to fit everything.

pics? I have to put in the 14,000 lumen headlights over Christmas break. Will require pulling the front bumper skin to fit everything.

I was hoping for more of the bumper than the crash beam. It's in my top 3 of 4th gen bumpers.

Gimme that full frontal and a nice 3 quarter. ;)

I could see about just getting the jdm front crash beam then. Just trying to get the parts list. I'm in Colorado and we don't have regular inspections like some states. I hear Virginia is pretty bad when it comes to that racket.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Facelifted k2 setup is beautiful. The German sports car look on the LGT is the way to go imo.

Luckily I found a JDM 3.0R premium clip with HID, specB honeycomb grille and oem STI lip. Offers that European luxury/sport look in an OEM fit and finish. It is for sale now, since I'm parting out my car.

Great shape, practically no body work required. This is the rarest setup you can find, likely the only one of its kind at the moment. The OEM STI lip is specific for this bumper and the mounting is very solid. Fenders were sourced locally, which were bought brand new from Japan and painted once. No dents.

9qQ3pIBl.jpg

pe12LyKl.jpg

GSC1OPTl.jpg

Oh man. I'd sell my Liberal swap for this.

Do I dare ask price?

What about FMIC fitment?

I wouldn't dare cut into the bumper. All the shrouds, multiple foam bits and clips are all their and work wonderful. I custom made a front mount that keeps the factory crash beam and condenser. Also reduces intercooler piping by 63% and uses a vertical flow design which, drastically improves efficiency through almost no pressure drop.

So you think cutting would be necessary for say ETS fmic?

I'm currently still using GS tmic but I've maxed out it's cooling capacity.

Yes cutting would be necessary. That's why I designed my own FMIC kit.

I don't like TMIC for efficiency, the front end lift it creates and reduced radiator efficiency through pressurizing the engine bay.

I don't like the FMIC kits because of the lag created by the ridiculous length of piping (i.e. 3" 90* bend is equal to 7.5ft of straight piping). FMIC cores have more pressure drop which is significant if you're running pump gas or pushing the efficiency range of the turbo.

I designed a better intercooler setup with a lot less piping and bends. This allows for 2.5" piping for both hot and cold side. 63% less piping than the ETS. TMIC response with better than FMIC performance. Retains the factory crash beam and condenser too.

I have a prototype car currently in development (since I won't be doing it on mine anymore). I'll be posting the results. I'm filing provisional patents and will be selling this kit.