LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

I mean that would make sense as you're increasing the angle. I've had a vibration I can feel under acceleration but I can't tell if it's new or not lol. It's not my driveshaft. Also the roads out here are bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vibrations are hard to diagnose. But yeah, could still be your axles. Are they OEM still?

One isn't. I got a good condition used oem sitting in storage for that one. The other is. Vehicle also has 180k on it but I haven't found any tears in the boot. Although maybe there's one now.

Not yet. Curious to see what it looks like without flattering. I am just going to experiment before resealing them up to satisfy some curiosity. Ill report my findings

Without flattening it, I believe the edges of the beam pattern will look blurry. If you check the picture I posted, the new pattern looks even sharper than the JDM reversed version.

She's gonna look real good man. What is your setup for your turn signals and the parking light?

What I did is use the small sockets (next to the low beam) as DRL and I installed Chevy Sparks bulbs for the turn signal sockets (double filament bulbs).

I thought you were doing a legacy front end not an outback front end. What's the big difference? Grill? I realize the headlights are hid but they still look really similar.

Looks good though. I like the cleared lights in general but the black looks good on your car. Maybe I will black mine out if I ever get that far.

So? Pics? Where is it?

Haven't done a whole bunch this week. Just driving back and forth to work. Mechanically it's fantastic. Still have to vacuum down and recharge the AC though.

Oh this is super ghetto, but I think i'd consider it in your shoes. Fake carbon fiber wrap on the hood. eh? eh? Most people would be fooled, and those that figured it out, well you have a conversation starter about your jdm front end journey.

I had that thought as well, but I'm not sure I want to go full ricer. I did look at the RRevsports carbon hood. I would still wrap or paint it even if it was real carbon.

You could do the route I plan. Plasti dip the whole car lol.

I looked at dipping the whole car, but for now I'm just going to wrap the hood myself. I may wrap or dip the whole car in the future as a stop gap till I decide/want a full paint job.

Dash cam installed, Rear door swapped. New door had black handle and clear glass with crappy tint, so I swapped in my factory tinted glass and swapped handles. Also swapped out my bosch WBO2 sensor that had failed and was reading high. Installed LaminX yellow vinyl to the fog lights. Cleaned some Japanese dirt off the bumper (haven't washed the car yet).

50576764176_8a85f44ca5_n.jpg20201107_114757

50580540162_f8a5afa710_n.jpg20201108_101152

50580541047_815ea2e3a4_n.jpg20201108_111615

50579683483_5a0dc51b26_n.jpg20201108_115319

Spent all day yesterday trying to black out the body cladding.

41bc71a1f18e4149bee1c4f9be372b1a.jpg

Failed horribly. It dried really fast and so all my peel when wet areas got messed up. I already peeled it all off.

Emblems came out pretty decent though.

e33864beaea7d27e450154560d4a1084.jpg

I'll deal with the overspray later