LegacyGT.com

Calling all electrical wizards to help with my TMIC Sprayer

Yup windshield fluid would be super no bueno to spray on an intercooler :) Straight distilled water or distilled w/denatured alcohol in a 75/25 mix. At that ratio the flash point is basically way too high to be a concern.

so sti/wrx's come with a spray for the intercooler stock, with like a button?!?!....wtf ... mind blown.... when did this happen? Or am I just really late to the party lol. Makes me want to get rid of this pos and get one lol

Also is that a smaller battery next to the tank? If so what battery kit is that, can you use it for normal street use? Lithium?

Any pics of the red button for us non wagon guys with only one reservoir and pump lol!

I'm so doing all of this...

omg you made custom brackets... ur such a cheater... i'm super jelly right now lol, i'm like how the hell did he mount that.

Edited by Tehnation

how much to make me one?

Seems like vibrant went to china and got robbed like everyone else lol

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Windshield-Washer-Reservoir-KEMIMOTO/dp/B07NVFV883

seems like the same kit but for like 1/2 or 1/3 the price. Amazon has a bunch of other clones as well.

Vibrant model

https://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-Performance-10400-Windshield-BottleKit/dp/B002TL69RG

Edited by Tehnation

Yup Tehnation you're just late to the party :) Wow your right someone knocked off the Vibrant bottle for sure! The OEM sprayer came in the early STI's and then went away for a number of years. Its back now in the new one but I think its just in the fancy STI.

Everyone is going to have to do some sort of customization depending on their set up so you'll have to have at it! I ended up making my bracket and the G-load brace out of an aluminum enclosure from a hard drive that died on me a few years ago. I tossed the guts out and the enclosure was so nice and finished I kept if for a future use. Here are a few more pics to help.

My battery is one of the Braille AGM units. About their middle sized one, think its 11 lbs.

Also a few notes. If anyone is concerned with the hoses that come off the sprayers getting squashed when you close the hood. Note that if they are placed where I put them, they fit perfectly between the intercooler and my reduced size OEM engine cover. The also clear my GS TMIC hose and the blowoff valve as they are between the two.

I've also enclosed a new action shot pic with my middle vane splitter modification. The spray pattern is much better now with less pooling from hitting the splitter vane.

307088074_CUvibrantbracket.thumb.jpg.c833644e505d4efe4a4fd4382816f428.jpg

357343127_enginebaywithreswide.thumb.jpg.92498e485073095e18f158a211ce9774.jpg

1492018819_sprayeractionshotfinal.thumb.jpg.3c18d7169bfc46fd6cbfaf65887ede9e.jpg

Edited by shralp

Is the battery bracket custom as well or from Braille?

Custom but that was an easy one. Its just aluminum L from Home Depot for the footpads and a piece of Aluminum flat bar stock, think from Home Depot as well, both shot with the same truck bed liner. I just re-used the OEM J hooks. The biggest bitch was getting thru the frame horns with a drill bit as its high strength steel. You'll trash a bit or two getting it done.