LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Lamin-x install today. Bash if you will but I went with yellow fogs. They are about useless as far as light output goes so they might as well look good. Install wasn't horrible but certainly swayed me from wanting to tint my own windows for now. c4eed3e8686a2a3adbec36a7e6ef95db.jpg28d228352224b98407fc57f6669ef444.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

What other shift linkage parts do you have? Did you need any additional parts to purchase to install the Delta Motorworks part?

I currently have all kartboy bushings for shift linkage and all tic inserts for the shift linkage. It's a pretty solid setup but I wouldn't complain if it was better. My brother's '07 Mustang GT Hurst setup feels much better than my car but it's most likely design.

I had a similar setup, I think it was all TiC and Kartboy stuff.

I also have a Kartboy short shifter and I actually cut an inch of the top of it.

I installed all three upgrades that Delta Motorworks offered, the Linkage (w/ bearings), shifter bushings, and pivot bushings. I didn't crank them down tight because I didn't want it to be a bear to shift, but they are solidly in place and the shifting is the best I've had with a Subaru 5sp.

Lamin-x install today. Bash if you will but I went with yellow fogs. They are about useless as far as light output goes so they might as well look good. Install wasn't horrible but certainly swayed me from wanting to tint my own windows for now. c4eed3e8686a2a3adbec36a7e6ef95db.jpg28d228352224b98407fc57f6669ef444.jpg

That looks great. Lamin-X will keep those headlights from being sanded and pitted for years. I had to replace my first set at about 7 or 8 years mark.

Surprised to hear fogs don't add much light. On my 05 fogs add a good amount of light. That was the case when I was running Osram 65W low beams, and is still the case today with LED low beams.

Could it be because on 05-07 the fogs are not sitting as deep in the bumper as on 07-09?

At any rate, congrats on job well done. And yes, I let the window tint be done by people who earn living doing it...

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Surprised to hear fogs don't add much light. On my 05 fogs add a good amount of light. That was the case when I was running Osram 65W low beams, and is still the case today with LED low beams.

Could it be because on 05-07 the fogs are not sitting as deep in the bumper as on 07-09?

Thanks. The headlight hump/bubble was a bit of a challenge for sure.

Yeah, I think the placement of the fogs plays a big role in how they project. Even on the outer edge there is still a fair amount of recess.

If you're feeling up to spending the $$, these are a great upgrade for our 08-09 fogs: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/subaru-gr-wrx-morimoto-xb-led-LF-STI?quantity=1

Took about 15 minutes to swap out with the incandescent fogs. They have great light output even with the yellow lamin-x I added on. I think the yellow works fine but looks even better with an HID retrofit (more stark contrast in color temp). That's an entirely different rabbit hole for you to go down, though.

Not a whole lot done with the car in the last few months, its pretty much just been sitting in my backyard. Its such a pain to drive this car in DC, it's really meant for the open road. Much less traffic these days, but no where to go.

I did finally get around to getting my cut out working again.

I removed the old one last week and lasted maybe 20 miles with the pipes open all the time, definitely too loud for normal driving but it was fun for awhile. The car really sounds mean in boost, but it is over the verge of being obnoxious.

I'm hoping the bright aluminum will get tarnished soon, otherwise I'm going to need to hit it with some black paint.

I also swapped on my summer tires and looked further into why my parking brake isn't working. Turns out I have 190mm STI rotors with the Brembo's and either need larger shoes or rotors with 170mm parking brake. I kind of regret doing the rear Brembo swap, it has not been a cheap ordeal and another $200+ for a set of rotors isn't helping. On top of that I'd still like some brake lines that are better designed for the Brembo's. I'm using the oem lgt lines and the routing isn't great with the Brembo's.

I also removed my JDM double din to get the oem sub harness out. Hoping to sell it as a package to recoup the cost of the new cut out. The sub has been sitting in my garage for years now, probably time to pass it along.

The car runs great though. It's still not worth selling but at the same time I'm not sure what need it is filling in my life at this point. Some different rear rotors and a trans fluid change it all it really needs right now.

LGT_4_20.thumb.jpg.537b7efbe906a56ae2ebad931f35d997.jpg

open_cut_out.jpg.2f71b634fef534cf4985f12447d1d18a.jpg

Cut_out_closed.jpg.3d96e0944c4f53a516509ff39a6c6435.jpg

Cut_out_open.jpg.7df1787a90e8a63e840a7305fb288064.jpg

Not a whole lot done with the car in the last few months, its pretty much just been sitting in my backyard. Its such a pain to drive this car in DC, it's really meant for the open road. Much less traffic these days, but no where to go.

I did finally get around to getting my cut out working again.

I removed the old one last week and lasted maybe 20 miles with the pipes open all the time, definitely too loud for normal driving but it was fun for awhile. The car really sounds mean in boost, but it is over the verge of being obnoxious.

I'm hoping the bright aluminum will get tarnished soon, otherwise I'm going to need to hit it with some black paint.

Amazing, is that a motorized thing? I noticed some connector going under there.

The car runs great though. It's still not worth selling but at the same time I'm not sure what need it is filling in my life at this point. Some different rear rotors and a trans fluid change it all it really needs right now.

Just wait until warmer days come and hopefully the virus is subdued so we can hit the open road.

I've been debating whether to keep or sell my rear Brembo setup. I have everything ready to bolt-on including the larger ebrake shoes, but just need to buy the STi rotors.

I've been debating if I should use the conversion rotors or the larger brake shoes but I think it will be easier to switch back if I just use the different rotors, the cost is about the same. Swapping over the rears was one of the last mods on my list but I'm not sure the cost and effort has been worth it. Really the best part of the whole Brembo swap is the STI Booster and MC. Looking back, it probably would have made more sense to just swap the booster and MC and leave the LGT brakes.

How's the bias if you use stock LGT rears with the Brembo fronts?

I ran the front Brembo's only for a few years, which I switched over the rear to Brembo's I noticed zero difference. My car is strictly a street car though.

Amazing, is that a motorized thing? I noticed some connector going under there.

It's an electric cutout. It runs on a 12v motor to open and close a butterfly valve. You can open and close it depending on how loud you want your exhaust to be. I use a 3" Perrin Y pipe with a resonator, the electric cut out, catted downpipe and the stock mufflers. Its pretty much stock sound wise when its closed and it completely bypasses the mufflers when its open. Its kind of like adjusting the volume on the stereo though. You can bump the switch and each small turn of the butterfly is like turning up the volume of the exhaust. It can get pretty rowdy though, I normally leave it about 1/4 of the way open.

I have a problem... I bought a 3rd legacy this evening. :spin:

It's coming home on Saturday

Wow, congrats? :lol:

Parts car or are you planning on driving it?

Wow, congrats? :lol:

Parts car or are you planning on driving it?

Well... I bought it because the body is in amazing shape for a 2007, up here in Ontario it is rare that there is almost no rust at all. The passenger fender is silver while the car is DGM. It looks like it got a small fender bender and that was just swapped one. I bought it as a parts car to swap the doors with my spec b and then see how it looks.

The owner said he had a problem with the engine but doesn't know what it is. If I get it running smooth, I may keep it as a winter beater, its a non-gt so it'll save me a bunch on fuel if that happens. Otherwise I'll do a super fast part out on it and scrap the shell.

A huge positive it comes with 17" or 18" Enkei wheels (maybe reps) and with good tires on them. I should have full news Saturday night of it's condition.

Bonus, the guy is even towing it to my house, over an hour and a half drive away!

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

This thread is for group enabling.

This thread is like Friday night AA meeting at the bar.

Filled it with e85 and planning on running it all the way til october especially at 2 bucks a gallon. Smiles are priceless with empty roads

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

I installed a backup camera into my nav unit with a hacked adapter like the one found here: https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2959522&postcount=34. I didn't have a standard 2x2 molex connector so I ended up hacking one of the PCIe cables for a modular power supply. Seems to have worked just fine. Having a 'stock' backup camera is the bee's knees. Might still need to do some tweaking with the license plate cover I have to make sure I have the best view through the camera. All in, I was about $45 in parts for today's adventure.