LegacyGT.com

Ken's 2016 Legacy 2.5i Premium Mods

The feel is like coilovers because there a Bellow Bag setup and not a sleeve, So the advantage us being able to raise it if needed for driveways and bumps..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well your making me want them more now. Do you happen to know which AirREX I should be looking for they have 2 for the legacy outback none listed specifically for our car

—————————————————

HPS intake, SSD Front Strut bar, Cusco Rear Strut Bar, Voxx 18” rims,

More to come...

Edited by KJS2023

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased the front and back endlinks for $200 figured the savings would be worth it in the end. Sticking stock in front for now. Prob add the front when I do the suspension.

—————————————————

More to come...

I see you haven't removed your Front Rims.

Those Front Endlinks WILL NOT FIT.... Our Front Endlinks are 14" Long..

Dynamat is not a cost effective sound deadener. Use some mass loaded vinyl for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your doing Audio use the right stuff.. I've done my complete Trunk, Trunk Lid, Head Liner and All 4 Doors.. When I change out my Floor Carpet I'll do the floor too..

Well your making me want them more now. Do you happen to know which AirREX I should be looking for they have 2 for the legacy outback none listed specifically for our car

—————————————————

More to come...

Send me the Part Numbers then I can check my kit.

I don’t see model #s on the site. I found 2. They say 2010+ legacy bm/br ones $2,700 the others $4,700

—————————————————

More to come...

I see you haven't removed your Front Rims.

Those Front Endlinks WILL NOT FIT.... Our Front Endlinks are 14" Long..

Well crap guess I’ll see if they will let me return the fronts then sadly also got the pitch stop mount cuz it also said for our car but when I went to put it in there wasn’t a spot for it. Learning some of these sites aren’t as accurate as you would want them to be.

—————————————————

More to come...

I don’t see model #s on the site. I found 2. They say 2010+ legacy bm/br ones $2,700 the others $4,700

—————————————————

More to come...

Probably the one for 4,700 because BM Series won't fit..

Went to do the big 3 today.... Ended up grounding the engine in 2 spots, did the extra ground for the battery. The alternator is my issue if I use the copper ring terminals the cap will not close then I have a hot unprotected connection. Any one have some words of wisdom for me on this. I also installed KnuKonceptz battery terminals. These are awesome they have sold separately a stock terminal on the side and 3 other connections for 8,4,0 gauge wire. Ended up taking the riser off my battery lowering it to help with the new wire config. The battery tie down bolts then became an issue they aren't threaded all the way so I grabbed an old guitar cord with metal connectors harvested those to add a spacer to the bolt ended it up looking nice and fits snug now. Found some left over split loom from an old project thought I would toss it in for the hell of it.

e5FwpIK.jpg

dynomated my trunk today... still have some left over plan to finish the spare area and the trunk lid another day. Also ran my ground for the capacitor theres a threaded spot on the left and right after the struts near the seats that worked out great. Ive decided to leave the weathertech mat in the trunk and installing everything over it.

WWnnkpx.jpg

yq0JjyC.jpg

yW71Jce.jpg

Originally I bought a box so I could do my doors and trunk a bit but there was just so much in the box I figured might as well it’s not like I’m going to want to take everything apart again if I felt it needed more. I’ve never worked with mlv but I have with dynomat. I’ll be pushing 1000watts rms to my sub and would prefer it be quieter to the outside world while I enjoy my music. Don’t get be wrong I know it won’t be perfect but in the end each part helps a bit.

—————————————————

More to come...

Finished sanding and gluing the sub box today. Next will be building the sides for the amps and then carpet. Getting closer to install each day. Wish this rain would stop really slowing down progress. I forgot to say those wooden supports I put in are also calculated into the total volume of the box ending with 0.6 cubic feet of air being the perfect amount for the infinity kappa 10".

ikFcNCT.jpg

Edited by KJS2023
specs

Finished the sub box today, and the sides for it as well. Now I just need to find the right angle i want for the sides get em mounted and it will be time to wire it all up. Sucks its going to rain tomorrow.

rguH9Nj.jpg

Finally got the system installed. I ran out of carpet b4 I could make the front piece that hides the gap so thats for the future. Did a quick tune and sounds great. Ill prob spend a few hours tuning it another day. Im glad I used as much dynomat as I did but now I know I definitely have to do the trunk lid as well. Im running the Sub at 2 ohms and boy does it bump. Once I'm happy with the tune Ill get a DB level for the system.

ai0zTq7.jpg

Finally got the system installed. I ran out of carpet b4 I could make the front piece that hides the gap so thats for the future. Did a quick tune and sounds great. Ill prob spend a few hours tuning it another day. Im glad I used as much dynomat as I did but now I know I definitely have to do the trunk lid as well. Im running the Sub at 2 ohms and boy does it bump. Once I'm happy with the tune Ill get a DB level for the system.

ai0zTq7.jpg

Damn that set up is nice!!

ai0zTq7.jpg

Looks Good.. I couldn't put my stuff back that far because of my Air Setup.. Airrex ckmes in its own box like a speaker box and fit perfectly in front of my Rear Strut Bar..

Yeah I checked those out their boxes look really clean. I was hopping they would fit in the spare compartment if not I’ll just have to redesign the box when I get em

—————————————————

More to come...

Just got my car back from Excelerate Performance. They installed my Rear Sway bar, slotted rotors, ceramic brakes, fog lights, JDM Grill. I noticed some alternator noise from my system today gonna dig through the basement for a ground loop isolator to hopefully fix the issue. Then its tune and next nice day a good wash n wax.

eugtDlW.jpg

3mt13wv.jpg

Today’s the day I try and fit the 3.6 engine cover in my 2.5 It’s not going to be perfect but I feel I can make it fit. A few bolts w painted tips to see where it lines but and I got 3 spots basically ready. 2 front and 1 back right. The left side doesn’t have any spots to mount so I’m going to the basement to work with some scrap metal I have to see what I come up with. I’m not doing this to pretend it’s a 3.6 I’m doing it cuz the stock cover is crap and I want my engine bay to look nicer then it does now.

—————————————————

More to come...

Today’s the day I try and fit the 3.6 engine cover in my 2.5 It’s not going to be perfect but I feel I can make it fit. A few bolts w painted tips to see where it lines but and I got 3 spots basically ready. 2 front and 1 back right. The left side doesn’t have any spots to mount so I’m going to the basement to work with some scrap metal I have to see what I come up with. I’m not doing this to pretend it’s a 3.6 I’m doing it cuz the stock cover is crap and I want my engine bay to look nicer then it does now.

Post pic when finished,I’m interested of the cover too,I was thinking of using the cover from Wrx STi and just cut off the intecooler part of the cover

—————————————————

More to come...

—————————————————

More to come...

If you bought the brackets that hold the cover on it woukd probably work with the 2.5 Block..

ok so this is just for proof that it works. I do plan on finding something like hood pins for easy removal. I used a piece of metal left over from my garage door install. Found some extra bolts and nuts testing different lengths till I found something that will work. I used some touch up paint on the tips of the bolts to find where they would line up once i placed the cover. After drilling during install I noticed the 2 parts that are supposed to clip were in the way so i snipped em off. Re-installed with extra washers and nuts all around. Its solid even when engine running. Yes one of the bolts is different I had a lot of 1/4 in bolts and nuts to work with but the front right bolt is actually threading into the spot where the old cover screwed in and well that black bolt was the only one I had on hand long enough to work for now.

lcijYOG.jpg

kmD4P28.jpg

1lcamUF.jpg

z9SwdnB.jpg

ok so this is just for proof that it works. I do plan on finding something like hood pins for easy removal. I used a piece of metal left over from my garage door install. Found some extra bolts and nuts testing different lengths till I found something that will work. I used some touch up paint on the tips of the bolts to find where they would line up once i placed the cover. After drilling during install I noticed the 2 parts that are supposed to clip were in the way so i snipped em off. Re-installed with extra washers and nuts all around. Its solid even when engine running. Yes one of the bolts is different I had a lot of 1/4 in bolts and nuts to work with but the front right bolt is actually threading into the spot where the old cover screwed in and well that black bolt was the only one I had on hand long enough to work for now.

lcijYOG.jpg

kmD4P28.jpg

1lcamUF.jpg

z9SwdnB.jpg

Here is the picture of the bracket and you wouldnt have had to drill holes..d5bc81736565da367da85a710e861df3.jpg