LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

My history is short...

1994 Nissan Maxima (V6) which I drove from age 16 through the end of college. I got $500 for it on trade-in (for the LGT) and couldn't believe they gave me that much. Had a cracked header at the very least and was devouring oil

2005.5 Subaru LGT which I bought the summer I graduated college (2008)

2015 Audi allroad which I bought in 2017

Edited by snow05gtRI

Got a new trans and the Exedy stage 2 disc in this weekend. About 200 miles into break-in already. Clutch chatters when getting going but it's manageable, but rolled into WOT once today and it slipped at peak torque....

Either the cerametallic clutch needs the full break-in cycle to achieve peak holding torque, or Max was right and I shouldn't have re-used my pressure plate (which is the same between the Exedy stage 1 and 2 kits). Time will tell, I suppose.

Oh, and,

1994 Plymouth Voyager van (hell yeah)

1999 Olds Alero

2004 Pontiac Grand Am

1984 Nissan D21 hardbody

1994 Volvo 850

2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i sedan

2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5MT wagon (totalled)

2013 Subaru WRX hatch (still own, want sell)

2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5MT wagon (my daily)

2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5MT wagon (red project wagon)

2008 Subaru Outback XT 5EAT (wife's car)

29 yo

Audio guy here that loves bass but I think you've overdone it Infamous Lol.

Anyway, if you want your wife to divorce you, demo the launch scene in Apollo 13.

I have 2 M&K MX200 sub's and it scared the shit out of me!

Is your theater room 1800 sqft? 10db is nuts!!

Married 26 years. She is used to it, LOL. I have broken an oven door and a fireplace glass front with my home systems.

1800 cubic feet. Like 17x14x8. I can probably register clean below 10hz, but my mic and equipment cant go below 10hz. S^#t tons of room gain. My house curve adds about 10db from 80-20hz and its friggin AWESOME.

Apollo 13 launch scene is good, WOW pod scene will literally take your breath away. Ready Player One will cause the entire house to collapse. Blade Runner 2049 might make you puke if you are motion sickness prone.

I am not into SPL drags and burping a test tone for 20sec for a number. I am too old to care about pulling hair tricks and I dont want my car to flex till it breaks. I just like INSANELY loud (140+ db), clean music with bass that hits like Krakatoa erupting.

Heres my Forester:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/did-my-08-specb-oem-nav-275792.html?t=275792&highlight=specb+nav

Anyways I started getting a P0457 EVAP code.. what's my order of parts replacement gonna be?

- checking middle fuel line under the engine cover (no cracks, all hose rings are intact, nothing loose)

- gas cap (generic one from rock auto ok?)

- check valve on charcoal box under rear left rear well?

- smoke test?

Get a smoke test. I chased this awhile, ended up needing a new gas tank. Gas tanks leaking at the seam are a common issue with the 4th gens in northern climates. I had a tiny little hole in mine but it was enough to throw the code, never smelled or saw gas.

Get a smoke test. I chased this awhile, ended up needing a new gas tank. Gas tanks leaking at the seam are a common issue with the 4th gens in northern climates. I had a tiny little hole in mine but it was enough to throw the code, never smelled or saw gas.

Thanks.. I'll call the dealership if using a borrowed gas cap doesn't fix it.

Been getting the "your car stinks." line from the wife a lot recently. Mostly when stopped and the air system pulling from the outside. Which, okay it's an old subaru it's going to have smells. But, the weather should be warm enough to poke around this weekend, figure I should check coolant & oil fittings on the turbo, and check the lines. Anything specific I should check?

Couldn't tell you what the smell is, I'm not good with that and it's all "car smell" to me.

Been getting the "your car stinks." line from the wife a lot recently. Mostly when stopped and the air system pulling from the outside. Which, okay it's an old subaru it's going to have smells. But, the weather should be warm enough to poke around this weekend, figure I should check coolant & oil fittings on the turbo, and check the lines. Anything specific I should check?

Couldn't tell you what the smell is, I'm not good with that and it's all "car smell" to me.

Make sure the AC drain hose is not plugged, putting water into the passenger footwell.

If you can't find anything...may be park it with the windows open in the driveway and let it air out. I used to leave the windows down about an inch in the parking lot at work on nice days.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Whats the smell? Is it dirty feet smell, sweet smell, grease smell? If feet, probably the cabin air filter...

Not feet, I'd be surprised if it was the cabin air filter, since that was replaced in March, maybe 3k miles ago. But the car does sit more often than not so maybe something got in there.

Make sure the AC drain hose is not plugged, putting water into the passenger footwell.

If you can't find anything...may be park it with the windows open in the driveway and let it air out. I used to leave the windows down about an inch in the parking lot at work on nice days.

Will do. Thanks!

Swung by the shop to go over some wagon project details. The SpecB has been completely stripped of parts and is going off to the junkyard soon. First up on the agenda is removing all the bushings from the sub-frames & aluminum bits. The aluminum parts/tranny/diff are going to get cleaned and then new bushings installed while the sub-frames are going out for sand-blasting/powder coating before installing all new bushings as well.

Going to be treating this project like a resto-mod of sorts. Everything is going to be cleaned (includes underside of the wagon) and installed with new bushings. I'll also be taking care of the rear brake junction box and gas tank/filler neck while everything is out for peace of mind.

Swung by the shop to go over some wagon project details. The SpecB has been completely stripped of parts and is going off to the junkyard soon. First up on the agenda is removing all the bushings from the sub-frames & aluminum bits. The aluminum parts/tranny/diff are going to get cleaned and then new bushings installed while the sub-frames are going out for sand-blasting/powder coating before installing all new bushings as well.

Going to be treating this project like a resto-mod of sorts. Everything is going to be cleaned (includes underside of the wagon) and installed with new bushings. I'll also be taking care of the rear brake junction box and gas tank/filler neck while everything is out for peace of mind.

Why don't you start your own thread about this project so its easy to follow ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Going to be treating this project like a resto-mod of sorts. Everything is going to be cleaned (includes underside of the wagon) and installed with new bushings.

Always happy when I read this.

Thread would be fun, but I feel like every time I set out to make some sort of build thread or picture heavy thread, I'd rather be out working on the car instead of being tied to a computer:lol:

Why don't you start your own thread about this project so its easy to follow ?

You mean like this thread?

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/doctors-05-white-wagon-281690.html

I'm not going to post the whole project in the WDYD today thread, just minimal things here and there that I actually did that day. The build thread will get updated with everything when it's all done.

Always happy when I read this.

Thread would be fun, but I feel like every time I set out to make some sort of build thread or picture heavy thread, I'd rather be out working on the car instead of being tied to a computer:lol:

Honestly, I found it a chore to make the build thread. The most off-putting part about it is getting the pic's resized to the acceptable forum dimensions.

Always sad when I read this :(.

Yea, if it's any consolation the body wasn't in the best of shape and rust was working it's way in areas over the body/doors/trunk. I should probably grab the VIN before it's sent off to mark it's death in the SpecB thread.

"You mean like this thread?

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthre...on-281690.html"

Oh, I don't think I've ever been to that forum...very much.