LegacyGT.com

Negotiation wiggle room for CPO '19 Legacy Limited with <10k miles?

Wife and I are looking at a CPO '19 Legacy Limited with <10k miles. Hit up a few local dealers and here is a quote we received.

Initial Quote

Internet Sticker: $24,983

New Selling Price: $24,483 (they knocked off $500 as part of these initial negotiations)

Rebate: $0

Nitrogen Service: $0 (they knocked off $99 for this at our request)

VIN etching: $0 (they knocked off $299 for this at our request)

Taxes: $1,168

Doc: $598

Final Price: $26,939

Questions

1. Is asking for an additional $1,000 off too aggressive?
  2. What other wiggle room do we have for negotiation leverage?
  3. Is $600 for documents fee high? It seems so based on others' opinions and that $500 should be the cutoff.
  4. Should we discuss trade-in value for our existing car BEFORE or AFTER we talk about this CPO car's price?

We plan to do $5k-$7k downpayment and already secured bank financing at an excellent rate (though without a credit check, they claim Subaru's Chase Bank can secure a better APR).

Any thoughts, advice, or watchouts are most appreciated! :)

As for number 4 it doesn't really matter...if they give you a great price on the CPO and then you parachute the trade at the last minute you'll usually get a crappy trade in value. I always look at the whole deal is a package, the same way they will.

I'd also throw in the '05-'09 range. Greatest Unicorn Legacy ever made was the '07 spec.B hands down. That entire gen had FOUR stage heating!!!! :eek::munch:

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/Leg07heatedseatcontrols1.JPG

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I always look at the whole deal is a package, the same way they will.

Quoted for truth. Bottom line is what matters, not how you get there. Some dealers love to use the details to complicate a sale and increase their profit.

Also: "Dealer/Doc Fee" = Additional Dealer Profit

Caution! The "Nitrogen Service," "VIN Etching," and high "Doc Fee" are all red flags that ethics has a low priority in this particular dealer's business model.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I'd also throw in the '05-'09 range. Greatest Unicorn Legacy ever made was the '07 spec.B hands down. That entire gen had FOUR stage heating!!!! :eek::munch:

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/Leg07heatedseatcontrols1.JPG

Except the bottom seat heaters like to not work because of stretched wiring in the seat itself. Have 2 and both cars driver seat doesn't work. Big pita to fix. And I'd argue the seats aren't very comfortable vs the newer ones.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Wait... do we really get to have this conversation? :dm: YES! :D

Soooooo... in comparing the '05 to the '19...................................... :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com