LegacyGT.com

CVT Warranty Extension (MY 2015)

TSB 16-107-17 (issued June 29, 2017) -- CVT Warranty Extension

CVT Warranty Extension

In the interest of customer satisfaction, Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) is extending the New Car Limited Powertrain Warranty coverage for the Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) on the above listed models and model years from the original five (5) years or sixty thousand (60,000) miles (whichever comes first) to ten (10) years or one-hundred thousand (100,000) miles (whichever comes first). This change is not in response to any specific condition, rather it is to provide customers with added assurance regarding the function and overall performance of their CVT. Additionally, vehicles which are more than ten (10) years old or beyond one-hundred thousand (100,000) miles at the time customer notification letters are mailed are being offered additional coverage for a period of one-year from the date of the customer notification letters. A copy of the customer letter is attached to this bulletin as reference.

16-107-17

This TSB appears to affect 2015 Legacys and Outbacks and both the TR580 and TR690 CVTs, but we don't know yet about other model years. The full TSB will include that information.

Edit:

APPLICABILITY:

2010-15 Legacy/ Outback 2.5L NA CVT

2015 Legacy/ Outback 3.6L NA CVT

2012-15 Impreza 2.0L NA CVT

2013-15 Crosstrek 2.0L NA CVT

2014-15 Crosstrek Hybrid CVT

2014-15 Forester 2.5L NA CVT

2014-15 Forester 2.0L Turbo CVT

2015 WRX 2.0L Turbo CVT

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Interesting...I have nothing but positive things to say about my CVT. Unfortunately, I'll never get the opportunity to take advantage of this extension as I, typically, don't keep cars very long and get a new one ever 2-3 years. Already looking for my Legacy replacement and I only have 26K miles on my car. Very disappointed that the WRX won't be replaced with the new platform until 2019-2020...that was my first choice and now I have to look else where:icon_sad: Maybe a Honda Civic Type R is in my future???

Yeah, I too was considering whether replacing my Legacy for a manual WRX over concerns with the CVT but I felt I'd be losing out because of all the options I have and the extra space. This is Subaru's way of saying: "We stand behind our CVT" Kind of a heaven sent for me and if anything I should just start saving in the event of a failure, have a fund to cover any if any repairs. I would love to keep it until the wheels fall off. 😂. I already have the extended gold warranty but this adds that extra level of assurance. Any idea how long one can extend their extended warranty? OP, thanks for the post!

BTW, Anyone by Niagara falls with a manual Legacy? I'd love to see one up close.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Interesting...I have nothing but positive things to say about my CVT. Unfortunately, I'll never get the opportunity to take advantage of this extension as I, typically, don't keep cars very long and get a new one ever 2-3 years. Already looking for my Legacy replacement and I only have 26K miles on my car. Very disappointed that the WRX won't be replaced with the new platform until 2019-2020...that was my first choice and now I have to look else where:icon_sad: Maybe a Honda Civic Type R is in my future???

I do the same pretty much; planned on keeping the Legacy a bit longer but have a 2018 WRX Limited on order. Maybe I'll come back to the Legacy in the future :)

Well...I got two letters in the mail today extending my CVT warranties for 10 years or 100K miles. One for my 2015 Legacy and the other for my son's 2013 Impreza. It's official!

Stated I don't need to do anything as the warranties have been automatically tied back to each VIN. I'll put the letters in the glove box anyway for safe keeping;)

Good to know! I was considering extended warranty anyway so this is a nice bonus.

I do the same pretty much; planned on keeping the Legacy a bit longer but have a 2018 WRX Limited on order. Maybe I'll come back to the Legacy in the future :)

My dad just picked one up, dealer found one spec'd out perfectly one state over in PA. Lapis Blue 2018 Limited with EyeSight. Man is it quick and fun to drive:wub:http://i.imgur.com/aqoacIC.jpg

• 3 years later...
Well...I got two letters in the mail today extending my CVT warranties for 10 years or 100K miles. One for my 2015 Legacy and the other for my son's 2013 Impreza. It's official! Stated I don't need to do anything as the warranties have been automatically tied back to each VIN. I'll put the letters in the glove box anyway for safe keeping;)

Interesting video.

P.S. There are no prizes for correctly guessing who the big "anti Subaru" youtuber is, that the guy is referring to. :lol::lol: