LegacyGT.com

Looking to get this 2016 Limited.

Looking at this car tomorrow. Has 132K miles but for $9K or less, cant complain.

What should I keep an eye out for? I saw it over yesterday and interior and exterior was in great shape and taken care of. I'm going to ask to see if they can put it on a lift so I can check trans leaks and corrosion.

cca3a6b054c0c5612ce8096fab9f1722x.jpg?impolicy=resize&w=1024

4a8b7387c18c521cbd85c626a5e7efc5x.jpg?impolicy=resize&w=1024

Edited by Leonardo

Looking at this car tomorrow. Has 132K miles but for $9K or less, cant complain.

What should I keep an eye out for? I saw it over yesterday and interior and exterior was in great shape and taken care of. I'm going to ask to see if they can put it on a lift so I can check trans leaks and corrosion.

cca3a6b054c0c5612ce8096fab9f1722x.jpg?impolicy=resize&w=1024

4a8b7387c18c521cbd85c626a5e7efc5x.jpg?impolicy=resize&w=1024

For sure get that checked out, but looks pretty clean.. I have 138k on my 2015 and it runs good..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

$9k sounds like a lot for a leggy with 130k miles on it. Maybe spend another couple grand and find something in the 60k range? You should be able to get something considerably less worn for just a little more $$.

That said I would try to connect your phone to the Navi/Bluetooth prior to purchase and make sure it works well with Spotify. They generally suck and you might be able to get them to knock a few bones off. Also make sure they’ve serviced transmission at every 30k interval. Super important.

... make sure they’ve serviced transmission at every 30k interval. Super important.

Huh? The only scheduled "service" on a 2016 Legacy CVT is periodic external checks for fluid leaks.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Huh? The only scheduled "service" on a 2016 Legacy CVT is periodic external checks for fluid leaks.

I could be wrong (don’t think I am) but I believe atf is to be changed every 30k. Anyone who isn’t doing their transmission fluid is rolling the dice with a CVT that is already finiky.

Service records

I could be wrong (don’t think I am) but I believe atf is to be changed every 30k. Anyone who isn’t doing their transmission fluid is rolling the dice with a CVT that is already finiky.

Service records

On the legacy service schedule, there's no mention of changing the transmission fluid every 30k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looked it up- only manual transmissions call for replacing the tranny fluid every 30K- there is mention of the CVT but it is listed as 'inspect' not 'replace' so you are indeed correct.

TBH I would still recommend changing it unless someone has a reason why you wouldn't. I changed my 2017 every 30K per the advice of my mechanic in Colorado and it made a big difference in how the car felt every time, and I never had any CVT issues. I would imagine many of the issues people report around the CVT are a result of the service not being done.

Additionally a true inspection isn't really easy to do without changing the fluid entirely because there is no dip stick...

TBH I would still recommend changing it unless someone has a reason why you wouldn't. I changed my 2017 every 30K per the advice of my mechanic in Colorado ...

One Reason ...

Possible warranty rejection from Subaru (on those vehicles still under warranty)

Would they really reject your warranty for maintaining your transmission? Find that hard to believe and would think that if you're not servicing your tranny then that would void your warranty. Hey to each their own might as well not change your oil either.

Would they really reject your warranty for maintaining your transmission? Find that hard to believe ...

Performing service or maintenance on your CVT contrary to Subaru's published policy? Yep! Using the wrong CVT fluid? Yep! Changing the CVT fluid incorrectly? (Many have already done so.) Yep!

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Performing service or maintenance on your CVT contrary to Subaru's published policy? Yep! Using the wrong CVT fluid? Yep! Changing the CVT fluid incorrectly? (Many have already done so.) Yep!

Well sure just don't do anything wrong and use Subaru ATF lol :lol:. Since manual lists it as 'inspect' if inspection reveals leak or leads to full service then you're not going against the published policy.

all that aside OP has 132K miles warranty isn't something to worry about in this case. Anything still under warranty just let the dealer handle no doubt.