LegacyGT.com

2015 3.6 firmware update question

I have never updated the firmware on my 2015 3.6R, should I do this? I have also never updated the nav maps, is the firmware update and the map update the same thing? Sorry for such a dumb question but I’m trying to determine if this is 2 different updates. I found the map update download on the subaru site for $59 and I was going to do that, but not sure if I have to do anything after that.

Please advise

I have never updated the firmware on my 2015 3.6R, should I do this? I have also never updated the nav maps, is the firmware update and the map update the same thing? Sorry for such a dumb question but I’m trying to determine if this is 2 different updates. I found the map update download on the subaru site for $59 and I was going to do that, but not sure if I have to do anything after that.

Please advise

I don't really think you need to update your system unless you use frequently. I haven't updated mine because I use my phone for maps.. Just my preference..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

... do you know if it’s 2 separate updates though? One for firmware and one for maps

Yes. For MY 2015-2017 Fujitsu Ten head units (all but base trim), firmware and map data are two separate and independent updates.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png