LegacyGT.com

After Market Fog light Installation

Hey everyone!

In the process of installing the Winjet Fog Light Kit into my 2015 2.5i Legacy and getting puzzled as to where can I find the pre-arranged fog light connector to connect to the new fog light switch. I plan to just use the existing wiring by splicing the bulb connector instead of running the whole new wires.

Under the panel.........There were only 3 switches wired - dimmer, rear hatch opener and off road. The rest of the slots are blank switches.

All the "blank" switch didn't have any wiring harness connected to it except one next to the dimmer but the harness connector is not the same as the switch that come with the light kit. I'm a little confused as to where I plug in the new fog light switch into the existing fog lamp switch connector.

Is that extra connector is for fog light?

If so....do I need to splice that harness to the new connector that comes with the light kit so it will fit with the new switch?

THANKS in advance!!

... the connector next the the dimmer does not fit into the switch that comes with the light kit.

Perhaps you should be talking to the people who sold you the kit. You can buy the OE switch direct from Subaru parts.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Did contact both parties.

OK. What did the aftermarket vendor say? Unless explicitly stated otherwise, and assuming you ordered the right kit, vehicle compatibility is their responsibility.

No OEM switches available for the the Subaru.
They exist, therefore they must be available somewhere ... new or used.

N.B. I am adamantly opposed to hacking up perfectly good factory wiring ... ever.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I agree with you on that one.

This is one of those Winjet foglight kits. They are pretty much has universal fitting.

Subaru has the switch but that is for OEM light kit not after market light kit.

OK. What did the aftermarket vendor say? Unless explicitly stated otherwise, and assuming you ordered the right kit, vehicle compatibility is their responsibility.

They exist, therefore they must be available somewhere ... new or used.

N.B. I am adamantly opposed to hacking up perfectly good factory wiring ... ever.

Subaru has the switch but that is for OEM light kit not after market light kit.

I would not expect Subaru to sell a switch unique to an aftermarket fog light kit.

Edited by ammcinnis

spacer.png