LegacyGT.com

Centrifugal supercharger on an ej25D?

So I LOVE my lgt, but I'm lusting after some forced induction and I know my engine can't handle real turbo boost, but what about lower boost from a centrifugal supercharger? I like the idea of low/consistent power gain.

So I guess my question is has anyone done this? Is it a reasonable thing to do or am I wasting my time?

most do turbos because there is a larger knowledge base for it. Not sure what you plan to spend, but you can probably find a wrecked 02-05 wrx and do a motor swap for the same as a new turbo/sc install and you'd end up being more reliable for it. there are over 10 years worth of turbo subaru donors out there that can be had for cheap.

Reddevil on NASIOC has supercharged a leggy, as well as a few others. It seems like a lot more work than doing a swap and takes a lot of skill. Its more of an uncharted territory than a turbo swap. If you want a linear power curve consider an H6 swap. It's not recommended to boost the 2.5 which is what you have. You'd be better off boosting a 22E. You have a lot of options.

I was just thinking of this idea myself last night. The whole concept of a supercharged N/A legacy seems so much simpler than going turbocharged. I would get rid of my AC for a supercharger in a heart beat. I bet if you wanted to, you could piece a supercharger setup together for under a grand realistically plus tuning. Or save yourself the hassle and buy a kit for 3-4k.

Archived