LegacyGT.com

any ideas for 500whp in 05 lgt?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL if I started over I would. Wish I did my research first. Just spent money on what I found early. Not much was available. When I got it. Currently running

Superzilla 20g

Perrin tmic fuel rails

650cc Dw inectors

Cobb intake

Skunk greedy evo 2 exhaust

Ividia up and down pipe

Hks unequal headers

Tein monoflex coilover suspension with edfc

Rotura brake kit 4 piston fronts 2 piston rear drilled and slotted rotors

2 piece Volk racing 18 x 8.5 rims wrapped with brigestone potenza tires

Complete jl audio stereo components and sub with 7 inch pioneer DVD in dash navigation completely dynomatted

Tuned by Automaster. Amr of mamaroneck ny

Neither the transmission nor the motor is going to be able to handle those numbers. So before you start building a turbo setup for that power goal you're gonna need to think about how you wanna build your motor to handle it. A simple rebuild with upgraded rods and forged pistons would probably handle it for a while, but maybe not for the long hall. You'll wanna do alot of research for that...

Next come the trans. PPG gears may handle 500, but I wouldn't risk it, I'd just upgrade to the 6 speed to be safe.

A ton of money.

+1

A Cosworth built motor or something comparable running well into 5 digits. You also have to think about that gear box. Then a rotated kit. I don't know if $20k would be enough :eek:, unless of course you buy it all used. Then you gotta worry about what that guy did with the stuff before you and if that'll cause a premature catastrophic failure.

If you tell us what kind of money you are willing to spend, folks here will tell you if that's attainable.

Actually, my opinion would be to put your car back to stock, sell your parts here, then sell your car and buy something that'll give you that 500whp. It will be much cheaper in the long run especially since an already built car can never sell for the amount of money and time put into it. If you wait long enough, there may be a Legacy GT putting those kind of numbers down that shows up in the Classifieds here. You never know.

Why do you want so much power? I had my 05 street tuned by a Cobb protuner and it has more than enough power. I've raced it several times in autocrosses and never thought it needed more. Even with stock hp, the Legacy GT did well in the Koni challenge races.

Go back to stock and keep all the supporting mods that you can use. Sell or trade your 05 for a used spec B w/ 6 speed trans. Build the engine, get a rotated turbo set up w/ the power curve you want and your good to go. ;)

Just put a rotated 30 or 35 r on your car with supporting mods . Have fun . Thats what I did !!! drove the car for a while after that 392whp on pump and 514whp on race gas . You really don't need over 400 for a daily driver . I never had any problems with my tranny . Now clutches are another issue . I've been out of the lgt loop for a while now so I don't know who makes the best clutch. When I first started rps was the only option . I'd run it down the drag strip on redline in every gear cause the clutch would slip so bad . Good luck !!!!

Just put a rotated 30 or 35 r on your car with supporting mods . Have fun . Thats what I did !!! drove the car for a while after that 392whp on pump and 514whp on race gas . You really don't need over 400 for a daily driver . I never had any problems with my tranny . Now clutches are another issue . I've been out of the lgt loop for a while now so I don't know who makes the best clutch. When I first started rps was the only option . I'd run it down the drag strip on redline in every gear cause the clutch would slip so bad . Good luck !!!!

your transmission held that? damn thats surprising

your transmission held that? damn thats surprising

He probably did not drive abusively. And, I doubt he ran race gas in his DD. I think his pump gas tune was under 400whp and the larger turbos spool slower so it may not have shocked the trans so much if not driven abusively.

• 8 years later...

To make 500 wheel you will need to do the same thing anyone would need to do as if they had a wrx or sti. I ran the stock block with forged internals for a while on a big borg Warner rotated. I had the best of everything. I cracked a piston. Lol. I now rebuild it with a closed deck built shortblock and make 560wheel on 28psi. Bigger turbos make more power on less boost.

You will need bigger fuel system, built block. Bigger turbo. And a custom rotated kit that’s done right. I’m also running pump gas with methanol

Archived