LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

I ended up with mine as a set from Yahoo.jp auctions, but a consistent easy way to find all the braces is to search "Cusco Legacy BM" on ebay. The plates are the second result. Granted, not for $132.30, but it's at least a consistent way to locate a seller for them and the other braces.

Cusco search: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=cusco+legacy+bm&_sacat=0

Plates: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSCO-Power-Brace-Front-Members-End-For-LEGACY-B4-BM9-4WD-25002500T-687-492-FM/192658791717?hash=item2cdb5bdd25:g:gNAAAOSwj81bnSgo

Thanks Humble for leading us to the promised land of LGT doodads! :icon_mrgr

Corey, er, um...Humble Rumble. You should really move to Ohio to rust up some of that car. It's looking too nice under there.

I was literally just thinking like an hour ago, "I should do some bracing, the car doesn't feel 'tight' enough." Maybe sometime this year I'll start doing some bracing mod and finally upgrade the 20mm RSB to 22mm.

Corey, er, um...Humble Rumble. You should really move to Ohio to rust up some of that car. It's looking too nice under there.

I was literally just thinking like an hour ago, "I should do some bracing, the car doesn't feel 'tight' enough." Maybe sometime this year I'll start doing some bracing mod and finally upgrade the 20mm RSB to 22mm.

The plates are one of the most immediately rewarding mods I've ever done, and install is literally 10 minutes.

PM me if you're interested in a set of those Cusco front braces. I can't install them with my Primitive Midplate

Schaumburg didn't buy enough salt one year, so they doubled up on salt the following year. Well, that year was extra mild, so they used it all anyways. The ground was crunchy until March.

Yup, that's pretty standard. Gotta use all the salt you were allotted, otherwise they'll assume you don't need that much and you'll run low the next year.

$155 is a very fair price for them, especially considering that the improvement in feel is on par with the change felt from the Whiteline rear sway bar.

In the neighborhood of the price for new, but with the added benefit of not having to wait for 2 months...sigh...

• 2 weeks later...
Bosch rear tail light bulbs (7443) off of Amazon. I usually get Sylvania from Advanced Auto, but thought I'd give em a try. $5. Was close to going down the rabbit hole of the rear trunk brake light mod and VLED upgrade.. lol dang you enablers on here, but convinced myself to hold off.

Bosch rear tail light bulbs (7443) off of Amazon. I usually get Sylvania from Advanced Auto, but thought I'd give em a try. $5. Was close to going down the rabbit hole of the rear trunk brake light mod and VLED upgrade.. lol dang you enablers on here, but convinced myself to hold off.

Ya I almost was going to try out some LED bulbs for my tailights and turn signals myself. Then I realized the cost, and how much of a pain it is to get them to actually work properly without setting off the car's warnings about having dead bulbs. I just bought the brightest halogen bulbs I could buy (Sylvania Silverstar Bulbs) since I know they will work without pissing off the car lol

Haha good timing though because I have a cart full of LEDs for nearly every bulb in the car from Superbrightleds I was just about to purchase.

I'm interested in what issues have people had with LEDs in turn and brake? Based on my research here there is just the issue with hyperflashing that is remedied with the tap touch module. Certainly don't remember reading anything about setting off warnings... You're right about the cost being 3x more, but for peace of mind that they'll outlast the damn car I'm ok with that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Haha good timing though because I have a cart full of LEDs for nearly every bulb in the car from Superbrightleds I was just about to purchase.

I'm interested in what issues have people had with LEDs in turn and brake? Based on my research here there is just the issue with hyperflashing that is remedied with the tap touch module. Certainly don't remember reading anything about setting off warnings... You're right about the cost being 3x more, but for peace of mind that they'll outlast the damn car I'm ok with that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yah when I said warnings I meant HyperFlash.

Where are the flashers located in our cars? I can't seem to figure out where they're located...