LegacyGT.com

Fourth Gen Sagging Rear Suspension Options

I recently put a hitch on my 2008 2.5 Legacy 5 spd and was wondering what are my options to raise the back so I get more clearance when towing my jetski and stop getting weird looks. Total weight of towing is around 1100 lbs and tongue weight is about 120 lbs. My friend suggest air shocks, I don't think that would work with coil overs. I have stock rear suspension that are already sagging and was wondering if spacers would get me by. Can someone recommend me some spacers? The driver's side rear sags a bit more. Edited by Ilubeyousubaru
last sentence added

All the options I could find pointed me to do this as a DIY. I ended ordering a sheet of HDPE 3/4"x12"x12" sheet from McMaster for $21. I'm going double up on the layer and fabricate it where the one layer that will sit on the top hat will have the hole in the middle and another layer on top of that without a hole in the middle. I will try to remember to take pictures for future reference.

So I ended not having to double up on the 3/4". I got the stenciling done and jigsawed the pieces, done by 11 pm. Took about a total of 4 hours. I will take pictures of the stencil for whatever it's worth. If you are going to make your own stencil. I recommend using cardboard that is atleast 2-3 layers thick. I say this because on the top hat, the center rubber grommet flairs inward into the base that makes it hard to center and stencil. I eyeballed everything. Also over size all holes a bit. It's an easy job with a decent impact wrench and a helper.