LegacyGT.com

Moved in too many vehicles

ktmrider

Hey PNW, we moved up from NM this summer and after a few family changes have too many rides.

I'm thinking of selling or trading my LGT. What is the market like around here for modded stuff? Salvage title, 6MT swap, 40k on forged motor items. Body is in bad shape, drivers seat base torn, 165k chassis miles.

Will be buying an NA Impreza or Legacy down the road for my daughter, wonder what vehicle "swaps" among non-family members entails.

Thanks for any input.

that's a hard one. sounds like a pretty bad craigslist post that will scare most away, but there is potential to sell it for something if someone who understand the parts that are hiding inside. that's a big if.

as for trade-in, you'd get robbed. I think if you couldn't sell it privately, you would be better off selling the parts individually. although that's painful in itself due to time and space requirements.

tough question to answer.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

• Moderators
Take the REASONABLE cost of the parts and add them up. $3k for the 6mt swap, $1200 or so for the motor as a drop in replacement, and then the other bolt-ons that you might have. Then knock that down by about 20% and list the car to see if you can't get a bit more than that number. If you can't, maybe it's worth the trouble of a part out. As Flinkly mentions though, a partout is a PITA in terms of effort and space requirements.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Thanks lads!

Yes I purposely made it as bad sounding as I could. I don't want the headache of non-local buyers flying in and freaking out on "not as described". Other than some shopping cart dings and a BIG chunk of delaminating bondo where the PO installed an 08-09 rear fascia the body isn't that bad. In addition to the forged motor there's a VF52, Tactrix 2.0 cable. 04 BBS hoops painted dark bronze, Brembo front calipers, JDM Bilsteins, and a few other bits like redone front suspension bushes and fresh headwork at rebuild ( by IMO one of the better Scoobie shops around, Boost Inc in ABQ ).

New place ( just moved up from NM this summer ) doesn't have the space to support a part-out. Will likely just post locally and see what happens.

Yeah ... we gots rain up here, and if last winter was any indication ... invest in some winter tires now ... before the ice storms come in.
LOL I was on work assignments in Corvallis and Portland last year for two of the bad storms, glad my hotel was close both times.

Archived