LegacyGT.com

DBA T2/Street rotors

alyolles

So I am going to need front brakes for my 05 LGT soon and want some really good performance street rotors. I know the DBA 4000's are the ones to get, but they're too expensive. So what has everybody heard about the DBA T2 and DBA street rotors? It will either end up being one of those, or the StopTech Drilled and slotted sport rotors. The car will mainly be street driven, and MAYBE see the autocross a handful of times. Most likely going to be paired with StopTech Street performance pads.

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the T2 rotors. They definitely look the part, but I can't really tell any difference from the Centric brand blanks that I had before. The T2 rotors are a bit noisy during hard stops from 60+ MPH, and you'll feel it a bit in the steering wheel, due to the shape of the slots.

I had DBA rotors on my IS300 before I sold it to buy the Legacy, and though I didn't get to use them for the length of their service life, I was impressed with the quality and that's why I chose them again.

If you're going for looks, I'd say get the DBA. If you're going for performance without spending much, I'd say the Centric blanks will fit your bill nicely for performance and value.

If it helps I just ordered the centric premium blanks from kns brakes and got both front rotors for $126 shipped (free shipping). After researching this was the best price I could find and I cant wait to install them!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

I did a pretty decent amount of searching and settled on EBC green and Centric premium. I personally enjoy the brake feel now, the green feel really grabby and the rotors with the black hub looks really nice. I didn't want stock, but I didn't want to pay the name brand price for stop tech (which also makes centric) or dba rotors.

I got mine for 95 for the front and 71 for the back. I ended up paying 38 in shipping cost, but it was worth it. Cheaper than everywhere I looked at the time.

CENTRIC 12047024 (120.47024) Rotor $ 47.89 2 $ 95.78

CENTRIC 12047025 (120.47025) Rotor $ 35.79 2 $ 71.58

Why spend all the extra money when you are just driving the car on the street and probably wont notice much of a difference anyway? Plenty of members here have been running the centrics for years and swear by them. Thats why I decide LCD to order. But hey to each their own, if you have money to throw away then go for something more expensive :lol:

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Im not looking to throw away money, just looking for relatively speaking the best. My point is im OK with spending more on the stoptechs if they actually do more. If the Centrics do just as well, then hey saving money. What do you mean "I decide LCD to order"?

For a DD and AutoX rotor, bland rotors are perfectly fine. I ran DBA's for a while and could not tell the difference, besides the price. The one thing about cross drilled/slotted rotors is, if you need to have them turned, good luck. Not many shops have the equipment to turn slotted rotors. So basiclly, they are a one time use.

Yes they look cool and that's about all you're going to get out of them, is the cool factor.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Im not looking to throw away money, just looking for relatively speaking the best. My point is im OK with spending more on the stoptechs if they actually do more. If the Centrics do just as well, then hey saving money. What do you mean "I decide LCD to order"?

sorry must have been an auto correct mistake... Whatever you decide to go with make sure you research all the options and consider the opinions given. Im gonna install mine this weekend and can give you an accurate review afterwards if you like, but after all the positive reviews and the price, id say its a no brainer

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Definitely thinking im gonna go with the centrics, please let me know what you think. Cryo coated or no?

Cryo isn't a coating, it's a treatment. They run the rotors through a REALLY REALLY cold chamber so that the molecules bind tighter, producing better wear characteristics.

Cryo isn't a coating, it's a treatment. They run the rotors through a REALLY REALLY cold chamber so that the molecules bind tighter, producing better wear characteristics.

this... I went with these

https://www.knsbrakes.com/c/car-series/874_2007+Subaru+Legacy+Sedan+-+2.5+GT%2C+2.5+GT+Spec+B/273_Centric+Premium+Brake+Rotor+-+Single+Rotor

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Yikes! Dat price, tho.

Once again, Amazon savin' the goddamn day:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BZXR5Y/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER]Amazon.com: Centric Parts 120.47012 Premium Brake Rotor with E-Coating: Automotive[/ame]

Yea i didnt pay for them they were a gift so im at no loss really... but that link gives some good info about the technical specs and comparison to other rotors that can help you understand what you are getting and paying for

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Centric-Parts-120-47024-Premium-E-Coating/dp/B000IY4A2W]Amazon.com: Centric Parts 120.47024 Premium Brake Rotor with E-Coating: Automotive[/ame]

These are the ones I got. Different part number then what you posted tris. Still slightly Better price though so use this original poster!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Yeah, I went back and re-read the description on them last night -- said "EXC GT LIMITED" and I was like, "Oh." So I went back to the rears, and turns out, they were right, and it had a link to the CORRECT fronts, so I corrected my Cart, too.

Good lookin' out, cuz.

No worries! Im gonna order the rears soon as they are only $38 a piece shipped on Amazon. Might as well replace them all and have a sweet stopping car for good pricing!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

You guys really think/know that the centrics are just as good as the top Stop Techs?

I ran dba 4000 back to back with centric blanks on the track with slicks. There was no difference. since then I only buy centric blanks.

For optimal braking, you need to approach from this list (in order)

1. tires - good tires make all the difference

2. good pads - find pads that match the kind of driving you mostly do, not the driving you wish you did

3. rotors - centric premium blanks. Ask KNS brakes

4. brake fluid - you probably need to change/rebleed yours

5. brake lines - after everything else, SS lines are more of a safety change, however, still helpful

6. brake ducts - this is racing only as they will overly-cool your rotors in DD increasing stopping distance

7. STI MC upgrade

8. BBK

9. GS MCB

I did 1-5 and had >1.0G braking loads.

Since I'm forgoing gold wheels (at the behest of GF), I DO have that option. We will see, since Boxkita has ordered summadat GS Pink. I wanna see how it comes out, first.

I thought he was going with the Hello Kitty pink?

calipers painted, no. valve covers, yes. The oil based sharpie kit I bot comes with hello kitty pink tho.

I ran dba 4000 back to back with centric blanks on the track with slicks. There was no difference. since then I only buy centric blanks.

For optimal braking, you need to approach from this list (in order)

1. tires - good tires make all the difference

2. good pads - find pads that match the kind of driving you mostly do, not the driving you wish you did

3. rotors - centric premium blanks. Ask KNS brakes

4. brake fluid - you probably need to change/rebleed yours

5. brake lines - after everything else, SS lines are more of a safety change, however, still helpful

6. brake ducts - this is racing only as they will overly-cool your rotors in DD increasing stopping distance

7. STI MC upgrade

8. BBK

9. GS MCB

I did 1-5 and had >1.0G braking loads.

Sorry to hijack the thread slightly OP, but what do you recommend for lines Box? I never went in for recall and beings my car has been on east coast its whole life I wanna upgrade these for safety measures. Suggestions? Price isnt an issue but quality is. Thanks!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Archived