LegacyGT.com

Headlight Upgrades - NON VENDOR UPDATE THREAD

IDRVSLO

Fair warning for those in the future. I know I my self have done it. But lessened learned if recommend paying the 3% fee on PayPal and skip sending funds as a gift.

If you sent the funds as a gift to save yourself $15, 20 or 30 paypal won't do anything. You sent it as a gift. If you paid the fee and noted the goods that the funds were for. PayPal will have your back.

But I agree with BBM. You all need to get a list going of those that are owed money with address and phone number. And take this guy to court. If he can't even back 1 single check. How is he going to back the possibly 10 that he needs to send out. I wouldn't give him anymore chances. This guy is a piece of s***. I don't care what may have happened in his life. Be it a loss of job or wife's job or anything. He should at least be a man about it. For $1000 Ida shown up at his job by now.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may have very well been the last person to get a set of lights out of Scott and maybe I was the straw that broke the camels back. I was doing the core exchange method with Scott so he would mod a set and I'd send him mine in return. I've kept quiet mostly on this as he seemed to be willing to work with me and eventually I got a decent set of lights but I'm wondering now if others went through the same thing I did and eventually Scott got in over his head.

Scott sent me two pairs of unacceptable lights, one set that looked like someone had driven behind a truck on a gravel road and then sand blasted them for good measure and the second set came with broken and melted tabs with poorly installed halos.

At any rate I had him take both sets back for obvious reasons and ended up having him order a brand new set direct from Subaru because mine were only weeks old on a new 2012 Legacy. I ended up finally getting them although he didn't plug the holes in them so they got filled with packing dust and there were also fingerprints one the projector lens and on the inside of the housing lens. I was done with waiting and going back and forth so I just took them as is. Scott ate the cost on two unusable sets and partial cost on a new set as he partially reimbursed me for the hassle and also for shipping costs.

A few months after having them installed they developed a almost soapy looking condensation across both housing lenses that never evaporated and eventually had to be reopened, cleaned, polished and resealed by a local friend and modder. I've since sold the car and the lights were actually a selling point for the dealership so it worked out in the end and after they were repaired they looked pretty damn good.

I'm not sure what to make of the situation thats happening with you guys now especially if he's still bouncing checks but working for Mercedes? At least I think that's where he's at if I remember from reading through this thread. I'm not sure where all his money has gone, why even bother writing the checks? Doesn't look like he's even bothered logging in since November, is everyone too far away for a face to face? I honestly don't think you guys are gonna get any sort of straight answer without that.

Really hope you guys get some sort of resolution out of this. I can't help but feel like I was a contributing factor to it by basically costing him three sets of lights but I'm sure you guys would have responded the same way with the shape of the lights that I've attached pics for.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.a3bf4e4d2f3fa01c1c354e53d55fede9.jpg

8878490_unnamed(1).thumb.jpg.c4c24293ec675db5e40ff99d302d93a3.jpg

1668389267_unnamed(2).thumb.jpg.48e3c1517621398afb8f7de1c61c4220.jpg

1819739326_unnamed(3).thumb.jpg.6011ace4728b6208eee9734fd3513003.jpg

311038999_unnamed(4).thumb.jpg.3d054e6d00b3f90075ff521d2dbabdf8.jpg

1490146615_unnamed(5).thumb.jpg.f12c98c2f647d06d54671eaff085ad87.jpg

As I have said in the past my situation was similar. I sent him my oem headlights and another used I bought online. I personally think he switched the lens and silver housing however I can not prove it. One light had halo holes from the previous owner yet the used oem light I had sent to him online was stock. When I received both lights both had halo holes.

Scott did right by me and paypaled me to have them fixed however one is still not perfect.

One light "broke" in shipping so Scott said and thankfully FedEx paid the claim however I think Scott broke the light however again I can't prove that.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

• 5 months later...
Not to open any wounds but I wish the mod left up the pricing just for reference purposes for others as I'm trying to get my lights done locally, I want to have a number to work from when I call around. Anyone can tell me about how much it costs for clearing, blackout, angel and demon eye leds? Thanks.

Not to open any wounds but I wish the mod left up the pricing just for reference purposes for others as I'm trying to get my lights done locally, I want to have a number to work from when I call around. Anyone can tell me about how much it costs for clearing, blackout, angel and demon eye leds? Thanks.

Lightwerkz.... They're in NNJ. Probably 1.5hr from you..

• 4 months later...

Forgive the old thread revival, however I feel this update is worth giving.

At this point, Scott has repaid me in full. This doesn't excuse anything, but I wanted any others who had a bad experience with Scott, to know that he made it right with me in the end. I hope he has done the same for others.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 years later...