LegacyGT.com

LGT SpecB - An Executive's Car

:) I work for a good size company who's parent company is in Japan. The Executives from Japan are visiting because of a big trade show and the president of one of our divisions is here.

He drives a 3.0 LGT. He has the Apple sound system and navigation. One of the guys here was visiting Japan last month and told me about it, but I got to meet him today. There was a little bit of a language barriar, but it's easy to communicate subie enthusiasm anyway.

I'm sure this guy can drive any car he wants. Thought that was interesting.

Damn how I'd like to get my hands on one of those! Even better than that would be if they put the STi 6-Speed in an 3.0R Outback (or even XT for that matter). What would make my day though would be to have an STi sixer in my Outback H6-3.0 Wagon :D

the real question is when is Subaru going to finally bite the bullet and do a turbo-charged (or God willing, twin-turbo charged!) version of the H-6 engine. Now that would be the holy grail of subie power. Even before all the mods got started, it would probably be rated around 400/400. JOY!

I was told by a friend that worked for National Geografic, and spent alot of time in Japon, that, with most companys, the executives and buisnessmen are all offered a car and/or car and driver to get them too and from work... The only catch" the car must be at least 6cyl.

And yes, the Porche Turbo boxer6 produces 415hp

That is a porsche 6 cyl. The newest watercooled versions being 3.6 liters, and based on the motorsport/GT3 block, not quite the same as the 3.6 in the non-turbo 996. I am unsure if the 3.8 in the 997 Carrera S is the same as the 996 NA block, or the GT3/Turbo/GT2 block.

Either way, porsche has some sort of something up it's sleeve for getting that kinda power out of a TT flat 6. The Newer Turbo S is something like 450hp, and the GT2 is north of that. Tuners are getting insane ammounts of horsepower out of those cars, as well.

A 375-415 hp Subie 3.0 or ~3.6 liter TT H6 would be a nice peice of engineering, though. And a prime candidate for a Legacy STi. Heck, if they really have to amortize the platform, stuff it in a B9 Tribeca and make a cheap version of the Cayenne Turbo. I wouldn't buy one, but if it would help get us a Legacy with that motor....

I want them to take the logical step to a 5.0 liter twin turbo flat eight. A boxer in the ring with the Corvette and Viper. Better yet, in a mid-engined unlimited class rally monster, like the old Ford RS2000 and Lancia Stratos.

Anyways, back on topic...

It is good to see that the Legacy is doing well at home. Hopefully that will gaurantee success for the line, and perhaps bleed some of the spoils of that success to other markets, like USDM. One can only hope.

the real question is when is Subaru going to finally bite the bullet and do a turbo-charged (or God willing, twin-turbo charged!) version of the H-6 engine. Now that would be the holy grail of subie power. Even before all the mods got started, it would probably be rated around 400/400. JOY!

Got it second hand that they are working on it now but have fuel consumption issues to sort out. Not sure if this is true though. Anyone know? I agree though it's time they bring out a car that doesn't need modding to thrash cars like the M3. However, it will cost, which I don't mind.

The apple sound system was giving me kittens here, thought IPOD would be easier to setup.

Adam.

:lol::lol: What about the Microsoft one - once attached it will probably take 10 minutes to start the car and run like a dog like all their operating systems.

LOL Yup totally agreed and will automatically shutdown for reboot without notice and regularly.

"Your Virtual Memory is running LOW"

Adam.

:lol::lol: What about the Microsoft one - once attached it will probably take 10 minutes to start the car and run like a dog like all their operating systems.

Archived