LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any advice on getting the parts for the interior swap?

near impossible. did most of it 3 years ago, piece by piece, 4 different counties and had to tap into friends in those counties. most parts are out of production.

Stay tuned, as I have made a contact with someone in Europe who allowed me to source all of the parts to do the EDM LHD console conversion. Once the pandemic calms down and international shipping is available again. I will ship in 1 complete conversion(already packaged and ready to ship). At which point I will be able to get an estimate on total cost for the EDM conversion parts as well as partial shipping cost to me. There would be an additional shipping cost to get it to you from me.

First kit is going to @massaiwarrior But I will post more details once I have them.

there was a guy charging $1300 for the complete edm consul, but that was 4 yrs ago. Make sure they include the consul floor bracket. You can go without it, but it's much more solid if you can get the bracket. also need the edm ebrake. the usdm ebrake is too short for the edm consul. but you can swap the ebrake from a usdm 08 sti. the 08 sti ebrake is soooo solid when compared to the LGT crappy one. I have most of my build and notes on instagram. s402bp5.

1736436795_ScreenShot2020-04-21at4_21_04PM.thumb.png.34447f745c7e4600b5316b10219f6fa8.png

Edited by 05MNLGT

I wonder if the facelft LGT has the same "better" ebrake..... ?

from my research, the edm ebrake is the same one used in the usdm 08 sti, so quality is the same. it would be quicker and easier to get the ebrake in the states then to ship one here. i got mine off of ebay.

I didn't swap the ebrake, and every thing fits and lines up fine. I have an 07 Spec. B so not sure what didn't fit with yours.

You also don't need the EDM bracket as you can get one from a post facelift sedan/wagon and the bracket in the rear of the console is the same and will fit the rear of the EDM console.

? not following you. You do need the EDM post consul bracket. only one bracket for the consul, and it's in the rear.

specbs were a different animal than the 05 LGT, actually any LGT 06+ was different then the 05. 05 was the first model year here. with any first model, they learn and change things in the next model year. BMW did that for the first year 95 M3. after 95, they changed the car's engine and drivetrain. the specb ebrake is the same as the sti one because the specb consul was taller for the idrive controller.

Edited by 05MNLGT

Good info to have. Do you have a picture of the floor bracket? Curious if it's something that could be easily fabricated.

i tried to fab, but with the bracket holding the ebrake cables, thought it would be risky.

See my post above, you can use a facelift rear console bracket from a USDM legacy that will work with your EDM console. The pre-facelift legacy bracket is different and won't work. SO it must be from an 08-09 USDM legacy for it to work.

think where i'm confused is facelift usdm? to me, post facelift means the edm post facelift, with round shifter and cupholders. but i get it now. the usdm specb did have the older style cupholders, just a taller consul from the idrive back. correct? Well that's cool, you can still get that part under the specb model. #92178AG110

Edited by 05MNLGT

The USDM rear console bracket won't work with the JDM center console bin. The attachment points on the USDM setup are through the bottom of the rear console bin whereas the JDM setup is done through the sides of the console (by the inside edge of the seat).

Stay tuned, as I have made a contact with someone in Europe who allowed me to source all of the parts to do the EDM LHD console conversion. Once the pandemic calms down and international shipping is available again. I will ship in 1 complete conversion(already packaged and ready to ship). At which point I will be able to get an estimate on total cost for the EDM conversion parts as well as partial shipping cost to me. There would be an additional shipping cost to get it to you from me.

First kit is going to @massaiwarrior But I will post more details once I have them.

You are doing gods work, thank you.

All you need to do for that is use the center console box that came in your car and not the Edm one

I tried that and the issue with that is that it is the USDM box is physically smaller so you can either get the front two screws or the back two screws but not both.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been a while since I've been in this club. I had my '04 Outback that I put a JDM facelift GT-B front end on, then had my '05 Outback XT that I got a JDM Outback rear bumper, tail lights, headlights, and grille for. Now I have another '05 Outback XT that, for the first time, actually *needs* a front end swap. So I just bought a JDM Outback pre-facelift front end for it as well as another set of facelift tails. I kinda wish I bought a facelift front end instead but a black Outback front end hasn't popped up in a long time (or else my first '05 OBXT would have gotten it) so I just went with this. This car already has an EJ20X, so it's essentially going to have a full JDM half cut at this point.

fvRtaGx.jpg

AtKEHcT.jpg

Wrz4YQk.jpg

kCJhymG.png

Edited by Somac

• 3 weeks later...

Was back looking in this and the "what did you do today" threads and found my pics from 10/2017 and when you picked up your grill and such in 2018 :lol:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5700814&postcount=2361

If the outback bumper is similar in the front to the legacy bumper, then the JDM headlight mounting brackets would probably be a good idea to improve fitment; WRX USA had a spare set he sold me at the time.