LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

A little update on the Audio Build.. Almost done.. This will still be a Daily Driver with a Trunk and Full Usable Spare.. e26f15cecaf606e0ddf47c32da1e6746.jpga1ffce62009b5b7e50aa0d593a98a6f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good stuff!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

BC Racing. Blox Racing. Whiteline. AVO Turbo. RalliTek. Gramlights Michelin. Optima. HKC-Speed. Nameless. AFE. K&N. WeatherTech. Morimoto. Solar Gard. PPF. 9H.

Spent a little time, and applied some smoke film on my headlights and my mirror turn signal lenses.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

BC Racing. Blox Racing. Whiteline. AVO Turbo. RalliTek. Gramlights Michelin. Optima. HKC-Speed. Nameless. AFE. K&N. WeatherTech. Morimoto. Solar Gard. PPF. 9H.

Finished up the Audio Friday night my installer spent 1.5hrs tuning the system and it sounds amazing. He installed the ARC Processor so I could keep stock head unit. That unit is incredible it uses laptop and USB Cable for tuning so many adjustments I couldn't begin to explain everything it does.. Took this shot with all lights on.. We put lights in the rim above the amps and under the signs in the corners.46c77323ee5b20fdccf1566ddd170194.jpg

A little update on the Audio Build.. Almost done.. This will still be a Daily Driver with a Trunk and Full Usable Spare.. e26f15cecaf606e0ddf47c32da1e6746.jpga1ffce62009b5b7e50aa0d593a98a6f0.jpg

I’m curious, where did you run the power cable for your amps in the engine compartment? I’m looking to install an amp under the passenger seat, but didn’t see an available grommet to feed the power cable from the battery to the amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing spectacular - 12 month interval. I changed the oil, rotated the tires, replaced the cabin air filter and ordered a new engine air filter (yes it's early, but that's the way I am). Oil was remarkably clean for 1,400 miles and 6 months - of course why wouldn't it be?

I’m curious, where did you run the power cable for your amps in the engine compartment? I’m looking to install an amp under the passenger seat, but didn’t see an available grommet to feed the power cable from the battery to the amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power cable was ran on the Drivers Side. My installer did it so I'm not too sure where the Pass through is.

I finally ditched the stock mufflers and installed the Nameless Performance muffler delete. I also detailed the entire interior to get rid of everything that accumulated over the winter. The outside of the car got cleaned up really well too to get rid of the sand/gravel they put down on my road instead of salt. That stuff gets packed in everywhere, and the touchless wash only keeps some of it under control. I also just needed an excuse to play with a new pressure washer and foam cannon :lol:

picture.php?albumid=2665&pictureid=12418

picture.php?albumid=2665&pictureid=12417

picture.php?albumid=2665&pictureid=12419

Your Nameless deletes don't look to be centered. Are they touching the bumper on the outsides?

I had a Nameless ABE (with 4" mufflers) on my previous '08 STI and by God were they awful! They had incredible amounts of drone at lower RPM's and around-town driving, but provided almost zero additional grunt while getting on it, which was I was really hoping for. I had to get rid of them after only a few months of trying to get used to them!

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Your Nameless deletes don't look to be centered. Are they touching the bumper on the outsides?

I had a Nameless ABE (with 4" mufflers) on my previous '08 STI and by God were they awful! They had incredible amounts of drone at lower RPM's and around-town driving, but provided almost zero additional grunt while getting on it, which was I was really hoping for. I had to get rid of them after only a few months of trying to get used to them!

They aren't touching, but they aren't centered either for some reason. If there is enough wiggle room, I'm going to see if I can move things around some to get them closer to center. The build quality is nice though.

I've heard that about the 4" muffler they had for the 3.6r too. These definitely drone, but at RPM's outside my normal cruising range. Northern Indiana's flat ground helps too.

Edited by Adam_B

They aren't touching, but they aren't centered either for some reason. If there is enough wiggle room, I'm going to see if I can move things around some to get them closer to center. The build quality is nice though.

I've heard that about the 4" muffler they had for the 3.6r too. These definitely drone, but at RPM's outside my normal cruising range. Northern Indiana's flat ground helps too.

Awesome that you don't have a problem with drone. How do they sound at WOT?

'15 FB25

I just put on the Nameless ABE with the 5" muffler. I really like the sound. Glad I didn't go with the muffler delete; this one is loud enough.

Awesome that you don't have a problem with drone. How do they sound at WOT?

I'm definitely glad I don't have that issue since I love the sound. They actually are loudest at around 4500 rpms, and are a bit quieter at WOT. Either way, it sounds good running through the "gears". This is the best video I have come across that demonstrates the sound well.

I also just realized the tips are off center on the car in the video too.

Put some vinyl tint over the clear portion of the rear taillights. I got cheap tint on ebay and gave it a go. I like how it turned out and the installation was extremely simple. We'll see if it lasts, but for $6.50 for a 1ft x 5ft roll I can't complain if it doesn't. There is enough left over to cover them three times over probably as I expected to mess up quite a bit and get a lot of air bubbles, which luckily I avoid for the most part.

If anyone is curious this is what I used and I spent about 45 minutes putting it on:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12-x60-Glossy-Medium-Smoke-Black-Tint-Headlights-Fog-Taillight-Vinyl-Film/263486419787?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Vinyl Tint-min.pdf

Dropped off car this morning at dealer for the recall and head unit update,and rattle noise on driver side.

Got a call from dealer recall is done but the head unit needs to be replaced because it would not take the new firmware update.

As for the rattle noise car has to stay overnight so they can try it in the morning to see if the rattle is there.

Gave me a 2019 forester for a loaner.

Well just got the car back since dropping it off at dealer 3/29/19

So they replaced the steering spring(rattling noise is gone)

They installed a new head unit since the old one does not wanna accept the new update.

They also updated the combination meter recall,BUT!!!!! I cannot make meter lights either dim or bright,the head unit does dims when I turn the park/headlights on but cannot dim nor make the meter lights go bright:/

And they also forgot to put in the Map SD card in the head unit..

So now I gotta bring the car back tom early in the morning...SMH

UPDATE: got the meter lights to dim/bright,all of sudden it worked,must have been some glitch or something after the update.

Edited by PATS4LIFE

Well just got the car back since dropping it off at dealer 3/29/19

So they replaced the steering spring(rattling noise is gone)

They installed a new head unit since the old one does not wanna accept the new update.

They also updated the combination meter recall,BUT!!!!! I cannot make meter lights either dim or bright,the head unit does dims when I turn the park/headlights on but cannot dim nor make the meter lights go bright:/

And they also forgot to put in the Map SD card in the head unit..

So now I gotta bring the car back tom early in the morning...SMH

Sucks to hear, brother. Attention to detail doesn't seem to be very high there...

'15 FB25

Drove it to drop my son off at a friends...and then back home. Pretty wild stuff.

I did however order a new toy for it - going to try the 20mm RSB. I know when i had put one on my WRX many years ago it was a huge improvement...so we'll see how this goes. The easier part was that the WRX only had approx 5k miles on it and the leggy has like 45k on it... so hopefully nothing snaps.

Drove it to drop my son off at a friends...and then back home. Pretty wild stuff.

I did however order a new toy for it - going to try the 20mm RSB. I know when i had put one on my WRX many years ago it was a huge improvement...so we'll see how this goes. The easier part was that the WRX only had approx 5k miles on it and the leggy has like 45k on it... so hopefully nothing snaps.

I installed mine with around the same miles and everything went well. To be fair, though, I bought the car off of a NC transplant last year, who sold the car before it ever made it through a New England winter, soooooo, that may have helped :lol:

Edited by gathermewool

'15 FB25

You should get a 22mm because the Car is Bigger than the 5th Gens.. I have the Perrin and its Great..

Nothing will snap with the 20mm RSB unless it was already compromised prior to install. I've been running the 20mm RSB on my stock endlinks for nearly 50k miles and it's been great. The 22mm is a better improvement, but the 20mm will still yield a difference and at 2x-3x less price than any 22mm bar.

Nothing will snap with the 20mm RSB unless it was already compromised prior to install. I've been running the 20mm RSB on my stock endlinks for nearly 50k miles and it's been great. The 22mm is a better improvement, but the 20mm will still yield a difference and at 2x-3x less price than any 22mm bar.

I was referring to the nuts/bolts holding the current RSB in place. I'm rather certain the 20mm won't snap. I had an older whiteline on my 02 WRX - that thing had become covered in rust over time and still never presented a problem. I had installed the HD Mounts and endlinks with that too - heck, was under it and might as well do it at once.

I'm still running on the oem rubber - i had slammed a huge pothole and had to buy new tires (had too many miles to just swap out one -plus i wanted the shop to check if anything was mangled -yes, it was that hard of a hit on the pothole) When it was at the dealer i just asked them to put the tires on, they had the oem rubber, not overly thrilled with it, but it is ok for daily driving. Next time i have to get new tires i'll consider some others, but for now they only have approx 8-10k on them.

From what i've read / skimmed on this site - nobody makes direct fit / replacement struts? I had a set of the kyb adjustable strutes, those with a set of the prodrive sprints an the adj rsb made for a fun handling wrx - would love to get close to that, but not going to drain the bank for that effort.

I was referring to the nuts/bolts holding the current RSB in place. I'm rather certain the 20mm won't snap. I had an older whiteline on my 02 WRX - that thing had become covered in rust over time and still never presented a problem. I had installed the HD Mounts and endlinks with that too - heck, was under it and might as well do it at once.

I'm still running on the oem rubber - i had slammed a huge pothole and had to buy new tires (had too many miles to just swap out one -plus i wanted the shop to check if anything was mangled -yes, it was that hard of a hit on the pothole) When it was at the dealer i just asked them to put the tires on, they had the oem rubber, not overly thrilled with it, but it is ok for daily driving. Next time i have to get new tires i'll consider some others, but for now they only have approx 8-10k on them.

From what i've read / skimmed on this site - nobody makes direct fit / replacement struts? I had a set of the kyb adjustable strutes, those with a set of the prodrive sprints an the adj rsb made for a fun handling wrx - would love to get close to that, but not going to drain the bank for that effort.

There are a few Coilover options out there.. Just need to shop around. Gecko are pretty reasonable priced. Not sure how they feel though..

Tackled the Front Diff (38k) and changed the engine oil (fumoto FTW!). Front Diff oil change was a pain and it's overtly clear they didn't think that through when they designed the location of the fill hole. First time though, so next time should be easier, as much of the time was problem solving how to break away the filler bolt, and re-filling the oil. Had a slight issue with the overflow plug not torqueing down to 37 ft-lbs, but didn't want to strip out the case, so I hand tightened. I'm thinking it's because the bolt, and gasket had some residual Amsoil on them, and the gasket was turning with the bolt. I'll recheck it in a few days.