LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Nicely done IceWolf, she's coming along...

Turns out Kiwis are offering a slightly modified 3.6RS to bid fairwell to the BN/BS and the EZ36D+TR690 combo. Sad to see these engines go instead of getting PI/DI, maybe higher compression with a re-revised bore/stroke and tad lower displacement target, a decent set of OE exhaust headers and 8 simulated gears like the WRX/S4/Levorg.

https://www.subaru.co.nz/offers/sti

UPDATE I see you guys wrote about the RS a few pages back.. and likely earlier too. Cool!

8-10 years ago we also used to contact Kiwi and Nihon-jin dealerships and service dept, look up JDM/EDM part numbers in Russian service manual sites... and order parts from NZ, AU, JP, RU, South America. ah those were the days.

Edited by Perscitus

That red trim on the front lip is really growing on me.

Same here. I really didn't like it very much at first, but it has grown on me. I'm not the type of person do add it to my Leggy, but I now appreciate its appeal and look.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

I’ve been thinking about smoking my headlights but I think I’ll pass on that, I will however look into smoking out the orange reflectors and replace the Subaru c light and get the diode dynamics c light which will have the amber turn signal using the c-ligth. My friend does headlight opening so he should be able to do a good job with it.

EEdlgL8.jpg

It is my personal opinion that smoked headlights are about as stupid as stupid gets for car mods. Some people are retrofitting HIDs or modifying HIR bulbs to fit their sockets, all in the pursuit of MORE light output and visibility (not to mention the numb nuts who just want the look, despite any actual benefits or negative effects on other drivers). I've personally done the HIR mod and it was definitely worth it for the OE-like durability and moderate increase in lumens, all without much additional glare or some obnoxious color temperature.

Granted, my uncle had smoked headlight on his 3rd-gen Mustang GT back in the 90's and I thought that was just the coolest thing ever. When I was a teenager, I also thought neon lights, chrome dubs and hella-flush stances were cool, too...

In short: don't do it! lol

//

DD Switchback C-Light is pretty great. I love the look and practicality! Do that and post up a lot of pictures!

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Nice!!!which kit do you have?and what size wheels you running?

I will be getting mine soon hopefully..

I am running AIRTEKK struts with the 3P management kit from Airlift! Love it so far, everything works great and best ride quality I've had in awhile. Also they are 19 x 8.5 +45 BremmerKrafts, cant remember the model right now.

Just curious how much the air ride setup was? Looks sick.

With the setup that he has probably looking at about $3500 installed atleast this was I was quoted for at my local area.the air management alone is $1200

But I if you just want basic setup it’s about $2K

Just finished removing all splitters from Car,I smash the front splitter into a curb while trying to park and can’t be repaired so just decided to take the rest out and stay with the STi front lip for now. Edited by PATS4LIFE

Just finished removing all splitters from Car,I smash the front splitter into a curb while trying to park and can’t be repaired so just decided to the rest out and stay with the STi front lip for now.

I scraped my lip a handful of times and it's still on good shape so definitely it was a good buy!

I scraped my lip a handful of times and it's still on good shape so definitely it was a good buy!

Yes I actually hit the curb pretty hard and I was suprise because the splitter was screwed on on the lip itself and it didn’t even crack the lip, so yes definitely it was a good buy.

Edited by PATS4LIFE

Anyone know where I can get jdm side markers? I am not too fond about amber in the headlights and when I do the c light mod with the diode dynamics I’d like to replace it with a jdm side marker. I don’t wanna use a vinyl on top.

Anyone know where I can get jdm side markers? I am not too fond about amber in the headlights and when I do the c light mod with the diode dynamics I’d like to replace it with a jdm side marker. I don’t wanna use a vinyl on top.

If I’m not mistaken the one from wrx/STi should fit I know I seen somewhere someone installed it in a 6th gen Legacy

https://www.prolightz.com/15-wrx-sti-reflectors.html

If I’m not mistaken the one from wrx/STi should fit I know I seen somewhere someone installed it in a 6th gen Legacy

https://www.prolightz.com/15-wrx-sti-reflectors.html

I found these: http://www.subispeed.com/2015-subaru-sti/exterior/headlights/subispeed-headlight-sidemarkers-by-olm-2015-wrx-2015-sti-dark-smoke#.W2P6K9JKiUk

Same it appears but much cheaper.