LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket upper control arm questions

Sadly I’m not talking about a nice adjustable set, but a cheap set of rear upper arms. Does anyone have any experience with these that could possibly verify if they use oem sized bushings? I’m in the process of lowering my outback and this is the last piece to the puzzle and I’m going to be using whiteline kca399 camber bushings and with my luck I’ll order these and the bushings won’t fit.

Outback xt rear upper control arms impact the bump stops at a different height than legacy arms. I’m going to lgt struts, lgt bump stops and lgt rear upper control arms with the whiteline bushings for camber adjustment. It’s been a while since I’ve done the research but if I remember correctly the lgt arms are required for proper geometry.

Use the stock LGT rear upper arms. Seems like the bushings in people's cars are all starting to fail or the arms need replacement at the same time mine did!

I used aftermarket bushings (Whiteline) for the entire rear upper control arm. Would not do it again. Just go OEM for them and the arms. Better ride and I don't feel a difference in handling. Use the KTA124 kit if you need adjustable camber since the bushings along that rear lateral link assembly will be shot if your car is as old as mine. That should easily give you enough camber to even go stancy, if that's your thing.

You can get spec b uppers straight from Subaru for $130 for the pair.

https://www.subarupartsdeal.com/parts/subaru-lateral-link-assembly-rear-upper-right~20250ag030.html?vin=&make=Subaru&model=Legacy&year=2008&submodel=&extra1=&extra2=&filter=(1=S;2=255;4=6MT;5=25GTB)

20250ag040 for the left

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Edited by norutah

You can get spec b uppers straight from Subaru for $130 for the pair.

https://www.subarupartsdeal.com/parts/subaru-lateral-link-assembly-rear-upper-right~20250ag030.html?vin=&make=Subaru&model=Legacy&year=2008&submodel=&extra1=&extra2=&filter=(1=S;2=255;4=6MT;5=25GTB)

20250ag040 for the left

Wow wth I'm glad you posted that. They go on eBay for $125-150 used. I'm about to buy a pair for future lowering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow wth I'm glad you posted that. They go on eBay for $125-150 used. I'm about to buy a pair for future lowering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was about to order a set off of eBay and knew they would need new bushings so I figured I would price new arms, turns out is was cheaper to buy them complete straight from Subaru. I actually expected them to show up without bushings because they were so inexpensive but I was gladly surprised to open the package and see new arms complete with bushings. IIRC they were actually a few dollars cheaper than the non spec b. I'm guessing their may be a surplus due to the limited number of specs running around. I wish the same was true for the front LCAs but I haven't found a decent price yet. Best option over seen is mtechs but you'd want to replace the ball joints do if you were doing whiteline roll center correction kit with mtechs you'd be pretty well off.