LegacyGT.com

Auto to manual swap done?

So I believe I’m finally among the few that did an auto to manual swap.

All the electrical stuff is working besides the dome, map lights, sunroof, and rear defroster. And all that is left on for those to work is find the correct pins and plug em in.

The clutch has about 350 break in miles on it so far. So I got 150 to go and my tune is scheduled for the 1st.

Congratulations! I'm working on a 5MT to 6MT swap right now, and that's enough for me, just unbolting old and bolting on new, although admittedly a lot of it. I thought a bit about doing what you've done while I was looking for a car, since there are many more automatics out there, but decided it was too much to take on. I commend you for accomplishing it.

Nice job - wish it'd be worth it for mine, but it's not unless someone wants a project or there's a laid-out way to do it.

Bigger task... I wish my 12 Outback 3.6 could get a 6MT. This trans is a dumpster fire, I hate it. The car does all the pedestrian stuff in the world I want, good in the snow and off-road, but this trans is junk and I'd rather have a stick 8 days a week.

Thanks guys. Ya it was a big job it wasn’t too bad but was frustrating. I did it just to do it really. My auto was slipping a little and I thought this would be a fun experiment.

I did get bumped up to 298 awhp on 15 psi from 282 on 19.5psi. For whatever reason my fuel pump wasn’t keeping up. So I’m getting a revision done whenever my aem340 comes in. Tuner thinking I’d be 320-330 range which I would be extremely happy with.