LegacyGT.com

Creaky seats

Same here. Dealer says it is the seat belt buckle so they had to order one. We will see. Im guessing it is the bottom seat that needs to be replaced though because that seems to be the case with a lot of the ones Ive read about on the forums.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
At around 8,000 miles my seat got really squeaky. Go over a couple rolling bumps and it was screeching like an old spring mattress that needs to be thrown away. Felt silly going to the dealership about it but it was driving me nuts. Turns out it's a known issue they have to order me a new seat frame. Just a heads up to anyone else out there.

This is a duplicate thread. https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/creaky-seats-275813.html

Yes, it's known issue and mine is getting replaced tomorrow.

A heads up - I was advised that the seats are on back order and mine took about 4 weeks to arrive. The driver seat bottom assembly doesn't come with the Leather or Cloth cover, so they need to install your current cover to the new seat cushion. Hoping the install of the leather cover is easy on my Buddy.

Edited by SubieN8

The seat that arrived on 10/9 was the passenger side, so the wrong part was ordered... The driver side seat is in and will be installed tomorrow.

A heads up - I was advised that the seats are on back order and mine took about 4 weeks to arrive. The driver seat bottom assembly doesn't come with the leather or cloth cover, so they need to install your current cover to the new seat cushion. Hoping the install of the leather cover is easy on my Buddy.

I have a 2019 Forester Premium in the Bronze color, as my loaner. Comparing it to our 2018 Crosstrek and our former 2016 Forester XT, I still like my Legacy much more. Don't get me wrong, the Forester feels a smidge quicker than my Legacy, the Auto Stop/Start is cool, albeit not that smooth and the seats are more comfortable than the 2016. Much more refined! It literally feels like a slightly larger, current model Crosstrek. The interior is nearly identical and driving dynamics as well, with a little more power. Maybe if it were the Touring trim, I might like it more...Not bad Subaru, not bad :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got mine fixed yesterday. Bottom seat base replaced.

Sad part is I lost my seat memory :(

It takes me forever to find the proper adjustments...

Hope I can make myself fit like a glove in my Legacy again, especially with a few hours of driving ahead of me Monday.

I found the cause of creaky seat on my 2018 legacy premium and the noise is completely gone now.

I took a picture a bottom of seat with highest seat height.

https://imgur.com/a/ihhfXzi

There is a rubber cable clip on the seat frame (Red squared part on the above picture). I found the rubber part was out of the frame a little bit, and it made exact same creaky noise when I rubbed the rubber. After I lightly applied PTFE spray to the rubber and seat frame, the noise was gone. I also applied PTFE spray to the linkage just in case.

I found the cause of creaky seat on my 2018 legacy premium and the noise is completely gone now.

I took a picture a bottom of seat with highest seat height.

https://imgur.com/a/ihhfXzi

There is a rubber cable clip on the seat frame (Red squared part on the above picture). I found the rubber part was out of the frame a little bit, and it made exact same creaky noise when I rubbed the rubber. After I lightly applied PTFE spray to the rubber and seat frame, the noise was gone. I also applied PTFE spray to the linkage just in case.

Good find! It’ll be interesting to know if that’s a fix for it, when we’re out of warranty.