LegacyGT.com

6th Gen Tuning Thread

XRT is not a site-approved vendor, and like every other non-site-sponsoring vendor, comments/promotion about and links to their product and/or services are inappropriate and will be fully moderated. This protects our vendors who are providing these services and enables them to operate in their market segment, free from competition from "outside" vendors.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XRT is not a site-approved vendor, and like every other non-site-sponsoring vendor, comments/promotion about and links to their product and/or services are inappropriate and will be fully moderated. This protects our vendors who are providing these services and enables them to operate in their market segment, free from competition from "outside" vendors.

Why is my reply to brisvegas deleted? It addressed his post which was directed at me. Xrt is mentioned throughout this entire thread. Why are you cherry picking?

Yep - I'm outta here. You can find my updates on Facebook Subaru International Tuning.

Edited by PDREALTOR

...and like every other non-site-sponsoring vendor, comments/promotion about and links to their product and/or services are inappropriate and will be fully moderated.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5519897&postcount=371

*ahem*

Alright, cya folks. Don't worry, I won't be returning here.

Why is my reply to brisvegas deleted? It addressed his post which was directed at me. Xrt is mentioned throughout this entire thread. Why are you cherry picking?

If it's the post where you included a video of you being a jackass and driving 100+ on the street it's because I reported it.

Do that at the track with your 'racecar'. Some people have lost friends and relatives to people like you.

I am very sad at what the 6G forum has become. I'm sorry guys but ask this bitterness and arguing over absolutely nothing worthwhile is why I stopped logging on for months. I will be coming back solely to post updates about anything regarding the legacy, but there's no way I'm stopping by to read anything on this site anymore. Sorry guys, but many of you have ruined the idea of community that once existed on this forum.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is the tuning fad still goin on? I guess Mr. Cobbs just asked that.. I think I was lucky and got mine in right before it kinda dropped off it seems..I am still enjoying my tune quite well. I got new tires put on the other week, and the guy who had to drive my car from the parking lot to the garage told me my car was really fast when he pressed the pedal and that put a smile on my face. Matt made the pedal as touchy as a pregnant woman's emotions.

Yes same here and he is great with communications as well

I think I may buy the 3.6R Legacy after having the Outback 3.6R loaner over the past week. The power is great and I could only imagine what can be done with the legacy version of the 3.6 and with headers, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MrCobbs

Yes there's far more upside with the 3.6R as it runs the heavier duty CVT. This was always the issue I had with the 2.5i and why I didn't take it any further than headers (other than budget) is that I was concerned about the life of the CVT.

I've done 50,000km / 30,000miles with my tuned 2.5 and never skipped a beat. Minor issue when wife put in some low grade fuel once but that was nothing to do with the tune.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I caught up with Matt/TH today for a (final) retune. He also programmed the I/S/S# mode functionality in so now my car has 3 distinct driving modes.

The retune is good - slight bit more punch as it holds the torque a little better. Also the S# really has got quite a sharp take-off. Not something that you want to be using too much in stop/start traffic but on a hills runs it would come into its own.

Also talked to Matt about the US option for multiple maps/drive modes and he indicated it was possible and something that he's looking to include in the next batch of files going out. So watch this space....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Does anyone have any info on an updated tune? At the end of May Ryan you said there was a refined tune and E85, did you ever get that?

Never did. I asked matt multiples times to send it to me and he never did. He said he was finishing the flex tune a long time ago.

Never did. I asked matt multiples times to send it to me and he never did. He said he was finishing the flex tune a long time ago.

Dang alright, maybe I'll email him and see if he will reply.