LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Sad day today , Deer decided to play chicken... she had 180k... dmg was around 5k sold her to the body shop , she still had about another 100k in her... the owner is actually going to fix up and keep for himself... mechanically she was 100% Sound... R.I.P Boo. In her best threads previous posts... Another Suby otw.

sl.jpg

sl2.jpg

Damage doesn't look too bad from your blurry photos. No insurance?

5,5k to fix. I've always paid cash for my cars because I never wanted to pay collision not realizing I only needed comprehensive even when the cars paid off.... ya I smacked myself a few times... lesson learned.. I was able to sell her for 3k to the body shop... He's giving it to his son.. mechanical the car is flawless.. all highway miles... 180k.... regularly maintenance by a real close friend who's a suby A tech. Last 11 legacy I had went to 276k still looked new... Figured I'd cut my losses with the 15 and go buy a 3.6r oh ya and it has comprehensive on it now... lmao.. I'm happy :) commute is much more fun now. Hahah.

Just be smart about the install. Make sure you route all the air lines inside the car..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Are you going to the Dec 7 event @Famoso raceway?

Have to request a day off to go to it,hopefully I can go this time.

What event is that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I tagged you on IG,It’s all out drag racing/grudge race and car/bike shows.

I believe its presented by neweraperformance

Looks like going be a fun one,

This the first time I heard of it.

Changed my headlights to Diode dynamics and finished adjusting the vertical alignment. I read online there is a horizontal adjustment on newer models but can’t find it. Anyone know where that horizontal bolt is located in a 2018 legacy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed the whiteline lowering springs yesterday. I will be heading to the shop today to have it aligned (though it doesn't currently pull or anything, I know you're supposed to). They fit, it's lower, it corners flatter, there's far less brake dive, adds about 10mph to a fast sweeper, but the trade-off is it's a little bouncy over bumps so far. There's more head toss than before as if the shock sometimes struggles to control the rebound.

Whitleline said they would settle a bit over 1000 miles or so. I believe them and can see why. As we were doing the install it was looking like the shock wouldn't compress far enough to hold them in place, but once you let it down it does. I believe the settling is related to them rotating into final position around the shock on the mounts.

I'll post again after a couple weeks of driving if anything changes. Overall I'm happy, but there's definitely more of a trade-off with these than there was with the strut and sway bar upgrades.

Sorry my photos aren't great, it was dark by the time we were done. Day is before, garage is after.427b676c0723ce2a9190def5adfc2575.jpgebb7f14fe0cfe043b00933afee4db36c.jpgc5fdc6fbabfa3cbd370d7cbc799081dc.jpg0e635c0e58fb9eeb3e6fb8ca6278e6e2.jpg709b99ff59e8f3fde3e040bd86c7fd50.jpg44ac38b6f8a63ad2898fc48797b8b9f7.jpg

Installed the whiteline lowering springs yesterday. I will be heading to the shop today to have it aligned (though it doesn't currently pull or anything, I know you're supposed to). They fit, it's lower, it corners flatter, there's far less brake dive, adds about 10mph to a fast sweeper, but the trade-off is it's a little bouncy over bumps so far. There's more head toss than before as if the shock sometimes struggles to control the rebound.

Whitleline said they would settle a bit over 1000 miles or so. I believe them and can see why. As we were doing the install it was looking like the shock wouldn't compress far enough to hold them in place, but once you let it down it does. I believe the settling is related to them rotating into final position around the shock on the mounts.

I'll post again after a couple weeks of driving if anything changes. Overall I'm happy, but there's definitely more of a trade-off with these than there was with the strut and sway bar upgrades.

Sorry my photos aren't great, it was dark by the time we were done. Day is before, garage is after.427b676c0723ce2a9190def5adfc2575.jpgebb7f14fe0cfe043b00933afee4db36c.jpgc5fdc6fbabfa3cbd370d7cbc799081dc.jpg0e635c0e58fb9eeb3e6fb8ca6278e6e2.jpg709b99ff59e8f3fde3e040bd86c7fd50.jpg44ac38b6f8a63ad2898fc48797b8b9f7.jpg

Nice!!are those 18’s wheels?

Seems like H&R springs are lower.

Nice!!are those 18’s wheels?

Seems like H&R springs are lower.

Yes 18s. The whitelines are only a 20mm (0.7") drop vs the 1.3" ish of others like H&R. So yes these aren't as low, but driving in the northeast, year round at my daily that's exactly what I wanted.

Funny, you don't think about it but even a 20mm drop is going to necessitate me raising my headlights a touch....not seeing very far at night now.

Yes 18s. The whitelines are only a 20mm (0.7") drop vs the 1.3" ish of others like H&R. So yes these aren't as low, but driving in the northeast, year round at my daily that's exactly what I wanted.

Funny, you don't think about it but even a 20mm drop is going to necessitate me raising my headlights a touch....not seeing very far at night now.

Well given that my car rides about 20-40mm lower than yours as a daily drive, my headlights are fine, they auto-level themselves.

Well given that my car rides about 20-40mm lower than yours as a daily drive, my headlights are fine, they auto-level themselves.
How does the car know it's 40 to 60mm lower than stock? What reference point do you think it uses to "auto level?"

What I experienced was decreased visibility distance. I'm glad you didn't. Maybe mine don't auto level.....

So your comment got me thinking....another thing I noticed was cars in my rearview were ducking under my deck sooner than expected....it turns out, upon closer inspection the car is now raked. The fronts are lower than the rears. They sent me the wrong fronts mixed with the correct rears. My hunch is that this is also contributing to my slight ride quality issues. I have a ticket open with whiteline and will send an update once I get the right springs.

I was greeted to a burnt JDM astar led DRL+turn signal thing I installed Oct 2017... two years was decent life I’d expect out of a $20 bulb pair; but not to burn and melt. I was lucky that it didn’t damage the housing. Was a pain in the neck to get the half that fell into the headlamp assembly; but I got it out. Back to stock bulbs for now!

This how it should be

:(

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191112/aba250cb2f1c7ea46e47688eaaf423d8.jpg' alt='aba250cb2f1c7ea46e47688eaaf423d8.jpg'>ee4372503aa265ee00ec49c8921fe43a.jpg

I sometimes wonder if the massive premium I paid for DiodeDynamics' bulbs will be worth it in terms of longevity. Now I wonder if they're safer, as well...

Thanks for the PSA to check aftermarket LEDs on occasion.

When was the last time you checked these? I'm under my hood every 1-3 weeks or so to top off the battery with my DC power supply, and to check fluids. I'll have to make sure to check the that the cooling fan is working on the headlights and that there are no signs of degradation on either my headlight/foglight LEDs.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

I sometimes wonder if the massive premium I paid for DiodeDynamics' bulbs will be worth it in terms of longevity. Now I wonder if they're safer, as well...

LEDs.

I cannot speak to the actual electronic portion in terms of quality, but the plastic they use is certainly fit for the task. If I remember correctly, I remember seeing "PPS" on the part which stands for Polyphenylene sulfide. This polymer is very good for high temperature electrical applications, has excellent long term thermal stability, and is inherently flame retardant. This is definitely a "premium" polymer they chose to use that a larger company would certainly argue is "over-engineered" and too expensive for the purpose it serves. But at the price point of their bulbs, it is nice to see they used it.

For those who like to learn:

https://www.solvay.com/en/brands/ryton-pps

Thanks for the PSA to check aftermarket LEDs on occasion.

When was the last time you checked these? I'm under my hood every 1-3 weeks or so to top off the battery with my DC power supply, and to check fluids. I'll have to make sure to check the that the cooling fan is working on the headlights and that there are no signs of degradation on either my headlight/foglight LEDs.

I checked a couple of times in the first few weeks after installing them to check for any gaps, moisture, heat/burn marks etc. But after that, never went back to specifically look at the bulbs.

I do check fluids and a quick glance under the hood every few months, but these bulbs are on the under side, so unless I specifically took the bulb out and looked at them, I would never have noticed.The bulb holder from the outside was fine. The bulb itself melted and separated from the base.

Edited by tornichoe

First time using a “rinseless” or “hoseless” wash. Bought the Ammo Frothe and used the Griots pump foamer. I love this option since I don’t have access to a hose hook up anymore. No swirls or scratches! Obviously, a picture cannot show the depth of the shine, but she is shiny!

072f6b8700b63cba413dd0d56ea51ec8.jpg

I checked a couple of times in the first few weeks after installing them to check for any gaps, moisture, heat/burn marks etc. But after that, never went back to specifically look at the bulbs.

I do check fluids and a quick glance under the hood every few months, but these bulbs are on the under side, so unless I specifically took the bulb out and looked at them, I would never have noticed.The bulb holder from the outside was fine. The bulb itself melted and separated from the base.

That's freaking crazy! I'm going to pull my bulbs every oil change from now on to see what they look like.

I did check that the head-light driver cooling fans are still running normally and pushing air, so that's something.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where