LegacyGT.com

Replaced injectors, fuel pressure low?

I just finished replacing the the injectors in my 05 Lgt, upon Startup it took a while to start, as expected, but now three hours later it still takes 6-7 cranks to start, but once it starts, I can turn the engine off, and then it starts right back up in two-three cranks, wait another hour and it takes 6-7 cranks again, the car also shakes slightly and the dash gets dim, I looked at the top of the passenger side from injector, and the little gray cap at the top had a crack in it, could this be causing a loss of fuel pressure? I’m not exactly sure what that cap is for, but I took it off the old injectors and put them on my new ones

No, those caps are for protection, not to hold pressure.

It sounds like there is a leak somewhere that is allowing the fuel to drain back into the tank rather than holding pressure.

If you turn the ignition to acc and hear the fuel pump prime, then off and on again to get two priming cycles, does it start quickly?

If so, I would be tempted to say trying reseating the injectors, it sounds like you might have a misfire (from the description of slight shaking).

Did you use lube for the o-rings when you installed them? That can make a big difference if they seat properly.

As awfulwaffle said, double check all the connectors (ie. pull them and reseat them).

Hopefully that helps.