LegacyGT.com

SI drive defaults to Sport setting each time the car is turned off?

Hi guys,

My '08 OBP Outback XT 5MT just arrived from Cleveland last night, (purchased from SMorris on the forum). For an '08 with 49K miles the car looks to be in really good nick! Quick question on the SI drive if anyone can answer a question. It appears that each time I turn off the car after having the SI drive set to sport sharp, the car defaults back to regular "sport" mode and I have to switch it back over each time I start up the car. I assume this is normal? Is there a way to keep the car in sport sharp all the time so I don't have to switch it over each time I start the car? Also, for those of you running aftermarket tunes, do you still see a difference in the SI modes or does your aftermarket tune render these essentially inoperable or do you still see a difference between the three modes. My '05 GT wagon doesn't have all the SI gadgetry so I have no experience with it :) thanks!

SI drive will default to S if it was in S# or I if it was in I when the car is turned off. S# is not available until the car is warmed up.

A good tuner can adjust boost profiles with different SI-drive settings by using the "requested tq" table in the cars ROM. My car for example For example:

I - 15lbs peak

S- 17.5 lbs peak

S#- 22 lbs peak

Thee are a few other nuances to my tune as well (waste gate duty, pedal input vs throttle plate stuff)

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Fairly certain there is a way to force it to start in S#. Remember reading about someone doing it to a WRX on NASIOC a few years back, think it may have been RSutton. There was only a few builds I followed on there and his one springs to mind

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Archived