LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Oh well, if it is busted, so be it. I won't cry :). Already thinking of options such as rebuilding this block 'el cheapo' way (i.e. get IAG to hone my block and put decent pistons and crank in it) or replace the shortblock with a stock one+gasket kit+(maybe) check the heads. Something like that...

Aaaaaaand the results are in...

Test done on a cold engine (car off for 48 hrs).

Tested cylinders in this order: 4/2/1/3/4/2 (went from 115 to 118 on 2/4).

Interesting that the numbers are very consistent per bank.

Well, I'll see what I'll do with this.

IMG_20190803_150117.thumb.jpg.8e25f3ff874be6535f85eac1a4425d01.jpg

I do have an air compressor and even a leakdown tester :spin:. Thing is I've adjusted the valves 45000 miles ago on the driver side bank (can't believe we have done that many miles since). So I kinda doubt they're bad. Never know though. But I have also been consuming a lot of oil too. Still don't know what I am going to do cause she's running good for the most part (has small misfire counts 0-8 at times on 4 at idle). Plan was to slap a vf52 jmped on it. Maybe I'll do it and enjoy until she blows up :eek:.

Boroscope? See if you can see any cracks in the piston rings?

I actually tried to check the cylinder wall with my cheap borescope. Picture is too crappy to draw any conclusion. And I did not see anything wrong really. But I also know that the piston may appear perfectly fine, while the ringlands are completely cracked but just held in place by the rings and providing an okay compression. (see this for instance

)

Well. I did a thing. Bought coil sleeves for the rear BTS 5056 kit I got second hand. I'll start a seperate thread for particulars.c3f64865a64db63b6800c8285c2763cd.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Where did get your spring? stock bts should be blue.

Edited by xt2005bonbon

I actually tried to check the cylinder wall with my cheap borescope. Picture is too crappy to draw any conclusion. And I did not see anything wrong really. But I also know that the piston may appear perfectly fine, while the ringlands are completely cracked but just held in place by the rings and providing an okay compression. (see this for instance
)

Where did get your spring? stock bts should be blue.

These are off the shelf eibach 350lb 10in springs in 2.5 width. I wanted stiffer than the bts stocker. Check my other thread in the suspension area.

OK I will. Would these be stiffer than the Rallitek overload springs? cuz that's what I have installed on our car with the bts kit.
No. Basically the same. I just could not acheive the desired height(slightly lower than stock) with the overloads on the bilstein ralletek combo I have. Ended up higher than stock for some reason.

All my shakes are getting worse :(

2 nails, separate tires, same week is pushing me to trades in for a Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin. It's an all time awd(4x4) with the 4.6l v8. Other with I have my eyes on a new Chevy 1500 custom or trailboss.

It's time to change the Tie Rods for me. Took the fire road access from French Meadows to Soda Springs again last weekend. I could hear and feel them through the entire drive. I hope this is the end of the shakes quest for now.

Good luck on the new car search.

All my shakes are getting worse :(

2 nails, separate tires, same week is pushing me to trades in for a Ford Sport Trac Adrenalin. It's an all time awd(4x4) with the 4.6l v8. Other with I have my eyes on a new Chevy 1500 custom or trailboss.

Eh. vibrations are better than low compression :spin:

Got a quote for fixing rust around the windshield - $2,200!

I guess that's what I get for buying that has lived back East and had someone shitty replace the windshield before I got it.

I’ve got the same issue with mine too. For now just sprayed some of that flex seal as a band aid. Drawing attention away from it with a roof basket I threw on a couple days ago.

e243c378329eeb6575db5ea9b2f67aa4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk