LegacyGT.com

2018 outback 3.6r 0-60

It's all magazine comparisons and I'm aware there are many variables when measuring how fast a car can run. But did anyone catch the 2018 outback 3.6r doing 0-60 in 6.9 seconds in 15.2 @ 95.9, about a half second than the 2015 test which was 0-60 in 7.4 in 15.7 @ 91.2.

I'm assuming the legacy might be a fraction faster too. But that trap speed and 0-60 breaking into late 6's makes me think that the 2018 model adjustments/tune subaru did to make the cvt more smooth on the 2018 models may have had an impact on performance. Just some fun #'s comparison. Tried looking up times on a 2018 legacy 3.6 but didn't find anything.

Thoughts?

It's all magazine comparisons and I'm aware there are many variables when measuring how fast a car can run. But did anyone catch the 2018 outback 3.6r doing 0-60 in 6.9 seconds in 15.2 @ 95.9, about a half second than the 2015 test which was 0-60 in 7.4 in 15.7 @ 91.2.

I'm assuming the legacy might be a fraction faster too. But that trap speed and 0-60 breaking into late 6's makes me think that the 2018 model adjustments/tune subaru did to make the cvt more smooth on the 2018 models may have had an impact on performance. Just some fun #'s comparison. Tried looking up times on a 2018 legacy 3.6 but didn't find anything.

Thoughts?

Lol. Are you serious? There are probably a 100 factors which could effect the drag strip performance of the same car on different days to the tune of a few tenths, much less two different cars 3 years apart.

I will tell you this, if 0-60 and 1/4 mike are priorities for you, you are barking up the wrong tree with the Legacy. The 365 hp Taurus SHO will lay waste to a legacy and doesn’t cost all that much more.

Lol. Are you serious? There are probably a 100 factors which could effect the drag strip performance of the same car on different days to the tune of a few tenths, much less two different cars 3 years apart.

I will tell you this, if 0-60 and 1/4 mike are priorities for you, you are barking up the wrong tree with the Legacy. The 365 hp Taurus SHO will lay waste to a legacy and doesn’t cost all that much more.

But really does anyone want to buy a ford :rolleyes:? excluding the trucks they are just rentals around here.

Maybe you should read my post carefully again? I didn't buy the legacy for speed. I already have tuned wrx that would destroy a Taurus. I was just curious if the cvt changes that subaru worked on improved some performance. Lol Just fun conversation. No need to get worked up.

a Taurus is a full sized car that is not as reliable...and will not last as long...

OP yes, they updated the CVT to be more responsive and that is why the car accelerates better...

Edited by YeuEmMaiMai

I don't worry about for the 0-60 times of a 3.6R Legacy cause it's not a 'Sports Car'... I judge a 4 door sedan by the seat of the pants feel...

BTW, I was pulled over last week for the first time in 17 years for speeding... The Cop said I was doing 69mph in a 45 zone... I don't believe I was going that fast, but I was taught at a very young age to never argue with the Police when pulled over...

I just shook my head and said with a silly smile, 'It's a New Car and I guess it just got away from me'... He took my License and Insurance, checked me out and came back with a warning slip... He smiled and said, 'New Car or not, try and keep it down, OK'?

17 years ago I also got a Warning by being nice to the Cop, but then I really was speeding in the Porsche 911... :)

The 3.6R Legacy is fast enough for me... :)

I don't worry about for the 0-60 times of a 3.6R Legacy cause it's not a 'Sports Car'... I judge a 4 door sedan by the seat of the pants feel...

BTW, I was pulled over last week for the first time in 17 years for speeding... The Cop said I was doing 69mph in a 45 zone... I don't believe I was going that fast, but I was taught at a very young age to never argue with the Police when pulled over...

I just shook my head and said with a silly smile, 'It's a New Car and I guess it just got away from me'... He took my License and Insurance, checked me out and came back with a warning slip... He smiled and said, 'New Car or not, try and keep it down, OK'?

17 years ago I also got a Warning by being nice to the Cop, but then I really was speeding in the Porsche 911... :)

The 3.6R Legacy is fast enough for me... :)

I've never understood those who get upset with the police when they get pulled over. Getting upset isn't going to help you out and can make matters worse.

But really does anyone want to buy a ford :rolleyes:? excluding the trucks they are just rentals around here.

Yeah, you know the GT350, the Focus RS, the Fiesta ST, not to mention the run of the mill Mustang GT... who would want those cars?

...not to mention the run of the mill Mustang GT... who would want those cars?

Not I, Mustangs drives like a whale. Every GT I've driven has left me wholly unimpressed. Though I haven't been behind the wheel of the lastest generation.

Not I, Mustangs drives like a whale. Every GT I've driven has left me wholly unimpressed. Though I haven't been behind the wheel of the lastest generation.

Well, now that you've invalidated your opinion in regards to performance cars, we can allow others to chime in.

I've never understood those who get upset with the police when they get pulled over. Getting upset isn't going to help you out and can make matters worse.

True that! Guess it matters what you are taught at a young age :-p Its sometimes sad to see people that take a $200 speeding ticket to a laundry list of charges that f up your life in a matter of seconds.

True that! Guess it matters what you are taught at a young age :-p Its sometimes sad to see people that take a $200 speeding ticket to a laundry list of charges that f up your life in a matter of seconds.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has successfully used getting upset as a way out of a ticket.

I’m going to run my car tonight to see what the 0-60 is. Is there an app or timer that can accurately rate this? (Besides a Stopwatch)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are any number of apps which can track your speed (though I can't name them as I have never used one, just seen them used)

Op's question is valid and I am definitely one of those who would look at how fast the car is and that is without getting into too many details. Is it a 4 sec car or a 7 sec car like the Legacy.... Usually, mostly out of curiosity.

PS: I had no idea Ford still made the Taurus yet alone the SHO, LoL, good times.

Op's question is valid and I am definitely one of those who would look at how fast the car is and that is without getting into too many details. Is it a 4 sec car or a 7 sec car like the Legacy.... Usually, mostly out of curiosity.

PS: I had no idea Ford still made the Taurus yet alone the SHO, LoL, good times.

I can understand not knowing that the SHO existed as they are pretty subdued unless you know what you're looking at.

But not to realize that the Taurus was a current model? Do you live in a cave somewhere? You dont notice cop cars or these big Ford sedans on the street?

The Taurus isn’t in every state as a police vehicle. Chargers, Caprices and Explorers are big here in NJ.

Besides the normal police interceptor lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MrCobbs

I can understand not knowing that the SHO existed as they are pretty subdued unless you know what you're looking at.

But not to realize that the Taurus was a current model? Do you live in a cave somewhere? You dont notice cop cars or these big Ford sedans on the street?

I live in a cave called land of Amazon, Starbucks, Microsoft, Costco and that one company that makes airplanes. You are lucky if you see any domestic cars around here.

Our police cars are mostly Explorers but I am sure there are some Tauruses in there too. I just have not seen anyone actually owning one.

And now that I looked up what they look like, I had one as a rental couple of years ago. Good to see that they are still around especially the SHO. I had a brand new one in 1996 and loved it.