LegacyGT.com

Sti type ra small block swap

What do y'all think are good go to mods for a rebuild. Currently swapping a sti type ra block into my 08' legacy.

I've read some forum's and watched a lot of people's build's on youtube, but just wanted to get some opinions from fellow owner's on what mods you think are a must or go to. I'm going for sleeper and something I can take to the track on weekends, a track rat build. Only thing I've gotten so far upgraded wise is a killer b oil pick/baffle kit and apr headstuds for new block.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you're sticking with cast pistons, there's no need to do much more than an oil pickup, head studs and an 11mm oil pump. All of which have a questionable benefit on a stock shortblock, but they add peace of mind. I also did valves, springs, retainers and guides, but only because I was having brand new heads built and they didn't cost much extra.

Lol. Post #1 is post #? Fire the money cannon and the sky is the limit. I’m $35k in to my car over the purchase price and it makes 375hp/400tq reliably. Track it often and you should double that budget. Aspirations....

These cars get expensive...

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Oh, yeah, it's short block not small block.

In my click here link in my sig, you can how to do it right, I put a ej257 in my wagon some 140,000 miles ago. That thing is still running great.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here