LegacyGT.com

Voice commands don't know Sirius XM channels like before...

It used to be that I could say "play Sirius XM 90's on 9" and it would repeat that back to me "tuning to 90's on 9" - easy peasy. At some point last year or so I issue any command to tune to ANY Sirius XM channel - and the system tunes to some stupid FM station instead - NEVER opting Sirius XM. Whats the deal? Did it suddenly get stupid and lose its SXM vocabulary? Anyone else seeing this?

I am having the very same issue and this is the reply I received from Subaru

I am following up to advise there has been an issue identified with Sirius XM and the audio unit. We are advised the only fix will be to install a software update. At this time an update is under production with no ETA available for it's release. Our recommendation is to check in with your service team as your maintenance is performed for the software update availability.

The issues that have been identified include...

1. When total channel number exceeds 256 (excluding CH0), only channels exceeded 256 are displayed in Channel List.

2. The ability to pull up type of music list

3. The ability to use voice recognition to select a type of listed music to play.

This does not affect the normal selection of SXM channels by tuning to them or using the presets.

Archived