LegacyGT.com

HOW TO: Fix your heated seat

Thanks for the detailed DIY for this task.

My car is a 2005 Legacy GT limited wagon, so I assumed the task would be the same as written.

I have however encountered a problem. Working on the drivers seat, I removed the seat pan bolt on the left side (the one pictured in this thread) but there is also one wedged behind the seat belt anchor. This is a total head scratcher to me as it appears even if I take the anchor off the metal it attaches to is riveted to the frame so removal of the seat pan bolt is still blocked :spin:

I swear I have read this thread a few times and tried to do a search so forgive me if I missed it somewhere.

Thanks for any help or guidance.

-Tim

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just removed the seat today and replaced the butt warmer. The OEM heating element has 5 wires going into it, and the replacement one (ebay) only has 2. The oem one has 2 black and red wires, a white wire, a gray wire and a blue wire. Anyone know which of those five I should be using to connect to the red and white wires on the replacement element?

'05 LGT leather.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...
Updated Image Hosting to get the guide working again.

Thanks! But until it stops working again seeing it linked to Smugmug, when you get bored paying for it (as I did). Please upload pictures here, or at least upload somewhere where there is a better chance it will remain accessible (like Google Photos).

Btw, if you upload the pixs to the forum you can still link to them to mix the pictures with text.

Edited by unclemat

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Gosh! Someone is still trying to repair it ))

Just ordered this part today (64111AG14A) for my 2005 w/ leather seats. Driver's seat bottom is out (but back somehow still works?). I'm about to embark on this journey soon myself, thanks to this write-up! :coffee:

Wish me luck!