LegacyGT.com

Shifter Assembly

Hey all, first post here :)

So last month I bought a non running 1998 Subaru Legacy GT Limited. And I am putting in a EJ205 and a 02-05 WRX manual transmission. Right now I am currently stuck on finding a shifter assembly for the car. Do you guys have any suggestions on where to find these parts? I've tried looking on a ton of websites, plain old google search, and ebay and just can't find anything. I am also looking for a clutch assembly/pedal as well.

Thanks!

Edited by jordanleevan

Hey all, first post here :)

So last month I bought a non running 1998 Subaru Legacy GT Limited. And I am putting in a EJ205 and a 02-05 WRX manual transmission. Right now I am currently stuck on finding a shifter assembly for the car. Do you guys have any suggestions on where to find these parts? I've tried looking on a ton of websites, plain old google search, and ebay and just can't find anything. I am also looking for a clutch assembly/pedal as well.

Thanks!

The shifter linkage and shifter assembly from the donor should work just fine.

Have you already sourced the motor and trans? Did you get the wiring harness and ecu from the donor car?

Or if you lost out on the donor car's parts, hit the junkyard. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

If you have the space, sometimes you can find a dead car on it's way to the junkyard and bring it home for parts. I got my parts car from craigslist. Running, front suspension problems beyond skill of owner, salvage title, price of a salvage engine. Perfect for a parts car.

The shifter linkage and shifter assembly from the donor should work just fine.

Have you already sourced the motor and trans? Did you get the wiring harness and ecu from the donor car?

The car I got was an automatic. I've gotten the wiring harnesses from fb marketplace.

Or if you lost out on the donor car's parts, hit the junkyard. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

If you have the space, sometimes you can find a dead car on it's way to the junkyard and bring it home for parts. I got my parts car from craigslist. Running, front suspension problems beyond skill of owner, salvage title, price of a salvage engine. Perfect for a parts car.

I'll have to go check that out. Thanks!