LegacyGT.com

Engine is stuck on something

• I Donated

I'm trying to get the engine separated from the transmission, but I can't get them separated more than half an inch to an inch. Anything I might be missing?

Some details:

- All bellhousing bolts are out, and I managed to pop out the pins that hold the engine and trans together.

- DP is off.

- Turbo is still on. I can't get the bottom coolant line off, so I figured I'd do that out of the car. But the turbo is unbolted, so there is a little bit of movement.

- The straps that I've connected to the engine hoist don't seem to be caught on anything.

- Accessories are off the engine (and the accessory harness along with it).

- All mounts have been unbolted.

- The main electrical connector, the front O2 connector, and the grounding straps are undone.

Help! It wasn't nearly this hard to get the engine out of my 05...

You did the fuel lines right ?

It should come off the tranny more then 1 inch before you try and lift it.

Your hung up on the input shaft and the clutch.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• I Donated Too

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/lethaldose_2002/Scoobymods_Quick%20Loads/DSCN0255.jpg

better pic - use same T70 Torx Bit as you would for gearbox oil... thread in a bolt, pull out the shaft.

• I Donated
make sure you pull the big pin from here as in this picture where it is no more!

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z151/Legacy_NSFW/6MT/FlyingClutchFork.jpg

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

I completely did not think about the fact that a pull-type clutch probably would be pretty well stuck together due to the design of the TOB. (My 05 was push-type.) I took out that pin (it wasn't easy) and managed to get everything apart.

Now to get the flywheel to the machine shop before it closes for the day...

Also, my clutch disk was pretty worn out. No wonder I got slippage sometimes!

Archived