LegacyGT.com

Detailing and your paint!!

I've been amassing a large amount of detailing products and tools over the years, lots of different products too.

When it comes down to it all paint is SLIGHTLY different, I'd love to hear what colour your car is and what have you found that works best for you.

I've been removing scratches and swirls on my DGM 08 Spec B with my DA polisher and Meguiars Ultimate Compound and have had great results so far.

I haven't touched my 05 SWP GT's paint though but will be doing in the coming weeks.

For tires/rubber and plastics VRP from Chemical Guys has been great because it doesn't come out too shiny and it does last quite well.

I'm also looking into getting into ceramic coatings, I will do both my cars this summer but want to hear your experiences with different ones.

On the manufactures websites of course all the "reviews" are great for all the ceramic coatings.

Lots of us are stuck at home so we might as well make our cars beautiful in the time we have!

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

I just ordered a ceramic kit yesterday. I clay my car periodically (1-2 years which is 3-4K miles) and I keep the car really clean but it’s due so I figured “why not?”

The Last Coat is the ceramic i picked up on a recommendation from my friend with a black Raptor. Their “Weekend Warrior” kit is on sale and code: loyal20 saved some ore cash. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• 4 months later...