LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

QdhZmbg.jpg

I had to drive the Outback about a month ago but only to get it out of the garage so I could put the truck in there to install an OEM Audio + System. I still need to reregister it.

I took this pic after I installed the Diode Dynamics SS3 Max’s and removed the SS3 Pro’s. The SS3 Pro’s I plan on installing on my Outback. I have no idea if they will work on my JDM bumper.

Edited by WRX USA

QdhZmbg.jpg

I had to drive the Outback about a month ago but only to get it out of the garage so I could put the truck in there to install an OEM Audio + System. I still need to reregister it.

I took this pic after I installed the Diode Dynamics SS3 Max’s and removed the SS3 Pro’s. The SS3 Pro’s I plan on installing on my Outback. I have no idea if they will work on my JDM bumper.

Are they a different lamp set up then the lgt? They look the same but jdm cool kid....

Do you notice a big difference in the pro vs the max? I've been eyeballing them and was planning to get the pro before the max came out. Looks like a big difference but also $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they a different lamp set up then the lgt? They look the same but jdm cool kid....

Do you notice a big difference in the pro vs the max? I've been eyeballing them and was planning to get the pro before the max came out. Looks like a big difference but also $$$.

The fog lamps are different on the JDM Outback and I remember them mounting differently than the USDM ones. It’s been a couple years since I’ve last been in there. I need to pop off the front bumper to take a look. I also have a Syms lightweight front beam I’ll probably install at the same time.

It’s a huge increase in output on the SS3 Max’s, even over the SS3 Pro’s and definitely over the OEM Rigid LED’s. This is where I did my research: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/the-led-sae-j583-fog-pod-fog-light-review.554813/page-186#post-24528029

Edited by WRX USA

QdhZmbg.jpg

Looks like you gained close to 100 BHP with this kit according to the 'internets'. That's quite substantial.

That outback needs to be driven waaay more often! :hide:

Oh my....

What projectors did you go with? It all looks phenomenal.

Now you just need some led fogs.

MH1 8.0 HID low beam and mini HB led high beam. DD switchbacks. RR in orem did the work. And yeah, I'm looking at the rally innovations baja designs sport fog and bracket it the DD SS3

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Those look amazing! BTW what does this mean, lol: "RR in orem did the work." and this: "switchback DRL turns in new depot assemblies" depot? Am I just getting old?

Perfect timing, after you posted pics with the hood scoop and horrible front head light fogging.

How much wiring junk did you have to deal with? I dislike all the wires and boxes with my Morimotos.

32290242557_08183da74f_c.jpg

"RR in orem did the work."

- Shop named/known as "RR" in Orem, UT put it together

"switchback DRL turns in new depot assemblies"

- depot = Depo (aftermarket headlights)

Which I might be completely wrong, but that's how I read it.

Sorry RR probably only makes sense to utahns. RR=Rigid retrofits (in orem utah)

The turn signals are diode dynamics switch backs. They are behind the turn signal diffuser which was frosted to dissipate the light better. They are white for daytime running lights/park lights and turn amber for turn signal.

Yes, typo. They are depo housings.

Good job decoding my ramble lolol

Sorry RR probably only makes sense to utahns. RR=Rigid retrofits (in orem utah)

The turn signals are diode dynamics switch backs. They are behind the turn signal diffuser which was frosted to dissipate the light better. They are white for daytime running lights/park lights and turn amber for turn signal.

Yes, typo. They are depo housings.

Good job decoding my ramble lolol

Bravo, nice decode. Ah, and Depo is a brand name.

But yeah, they look fantastic.

Those look amazing! BTW what does this mean, lol: "RR in orem did the work." and this: "switchback DRL turns in new depot assemblies" depot? Am I just getting old?

Perfect timing, after you posted pics with the hood scoop and horrible front head light fogging.

How much wiring junk did you have to deal with? I dislike all the wires and boxes with my Morimotos.

32290242557_08183da74f_c.jpg

I also had quite a bit of wiring. I generally unpin harnesses, cut to length, and repin but I was concerned with morimoto's warranty so I bundled it up like you did. 09c014a33c18a470e3402480269f7c1e.jpga302898562eb43933817c3ec9feffcb0.jpg

Edited by norutah

Haha I knew all of that but rr and I lived in utah for a while. That's sweet I didn't realize there was a retrofitter there.

I'd like to do my own but it's lower priority. Suspension and then the bmw. I wonder if they make a drop in kit for the high beam, didn't realize there was something that would fit in there. Not that I'd looked much yet.

Haha I knew all of that but rr and I lived in utah for a while. That's sweet I didn't realize there was a retrofitter there.

I'd like to do my own but it's lower priority. Suspension and then the bmw. I wonder if they make a drop in kit for the high beam, didn't realize there was something that would fit in there. Not that I'd looked much yet.

Low beam was drop in, high beam took a ton of work per the builder. He said facelift is a lot of trimming but pre face was even worse

flush cutter helps a bunch with that. $10

https://smile.amazon.com/Cutter-Lightweight-Klein-Tools-D275-5/dp/B000GTMZHG

"I primarily use mine to cut zip-ties, they cut very smoothly and if held flush against the Tie they will leave No sharp edge! "

Having flush cuts and an 18yo that is also a car enthusiast rarely last. I can't have anything nice. Latest tool victimized was my klein strippers/cutters. I attempted to use them on this install and it appears they were used to cut something that was not copper. I'm teaching him but there is still work to do [emoji1787]

$3 Harbor Freight flush cutters in the tool box and a nice set in your "special" tool box. But I get it, lol.
I'm going to do this today. It's almost comical to think of the special items I've hidden in my garage to keep them safe out from being consumed