LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Installed the Subaru interior light kit today. Looks pretty weak , tried it inside the Garage because it was still daylight but doesn’t illuminate like I expected it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a failed attempt of my own last summer (to the point that I needed to re-order a piece), I had a professional vinyl shop install my yellow Lamin-x headlight covers. Even the vinyl guy commented how difficult the Lamin-x was to work with on our lights, made me feel a bit better about my failed attempt. Really enjoying the look of the yellow on silver.

xbqP3dn.jpg

Got a couple things back from paint as well, one of which being the new Bayson R lip I've had stashed away for the last year. Always wanted to do a body color Bayson lip, and I've gotta say, I'm very happy with the outcome. Also nice to have a lip that's in one piece again, my old lip got yanked off back in thanks to a careless snowplow back in the winter of 2018, and has since been slowly loosing pieces until I finally trimmed off the middle so it looked somewhat even. Also, note to self: NEVER ATTACH A LIP WITH BOLTS AND NUTS. I did this when I re-attached the lip in 2018, and despite using "corrosion resistant" hardware, every single one of them had to be dremelled off, making this swap take way longer than it should have.

And finally, the addition of strategically placed Motul stickers in tandem with the yellow lights to lightly cosplay the GT300 car. :lol: The GT300 car's bumper is pretty radically different shape than the road car, so I kind of had to compromise on placement lol. I'm comfortable with these because I actually run Motul in my car, hopefully someday I get Advan wheels so I can run that sticker too. :rolleyes:

gY6qHEg.jpg

b0FSJeb.jpg

vacXjE8.jpg

XuCWvmC.jpg

V2p6d4x.jpg

lwwnduU.png

Swapped in 13-14 headlights for my 11 factory lights. Saved me a polish and I think I prefer the look. ��

Car looks amazing and that grille is amazing where did you source that material?

Thanks! The grille mesh is taken from a Q50 Infinity; the bezel is a standard OEM style Grille.

After a failed attempt of my own last summer (to the point that I needed to re-order a piece), I had a professional vinyl shop install my yellow Lamin-x headlight covers. Even the vinyl guy commented how difficult the Lamin-x was to work with on our lights, made me feel a bit better about my failed attempt. Really enjoying the look of the yellow on silver.

Got a couple things back from paint as well, one of which being the new Bayson R lip I've had stashed away for the last year. Always wanted to do a body color Bayson lip, and I've gotta say, I'm very happy with the outcome. Also nice to have a lip that's in one piece again, my old lip got yanked off back in thanks to a careless snowplow back in the winter of 2018, and has since been slowly loosing pieces until I finally trimmed off the middle so it looked somewhat even. Also, note to self: NEVER ATTACH A LIP WITH BOLTS AND NUTS. I did this when I re-attached the lip in 2018, and despite using "corrosion resistant" hardware, every single one of them had to be dremelled off, making this swap take way longer than it should have.

And finally, the addition of strategically placed Motul stickers in tandem with the yellow lights to lightly cosplay the GT300 car. :lol: The GT300 car's bumper is pretty radically different shape than the road car, so I kind of had to compromise on placement lol. I'm comfortable with these because I actually run Motul in my car, hopefully someday I get Advan wheels so I can run that sticker too. :rolleyes:

YES YES YES!!! So glad you got this done!

I tried installing the Prothane inserts today , I had to cut one of the bolts on the front support and on the rear I wasn’t able to remove the nut on the right side because it rotates with the stud and I couldn’t find a wait to hold the stud still form the back since it seems to be inside the differential. I tried installing the insert on the one side I was able to remove but I don’t understand how it is suppose to squeeze in , there doesn’t seem to be any room for the insert legs to go in . Am I missing soemthing ? Any help is appreciated. I need to have the car running again by Monday for work , thanks in advanced !

d8566b21434a1203974ca69a80191125.jpg

da6f509fbea810ad12a2ae5c79eb8556.jpg

The '13-14 Legacy has solid rear bushings. The diff member insert you're holding doesn't fit the Legacy either. Basically the entire kit is useless on your car and only the half of it is used on '10-12 models. Edited by Plastixx

The '13-14 Legacy has solid rear bushings. The diff member insert you're holding doesn't fit the Legacy either. Basically the entire kit is useless on your car and only the half of it is used on '10-12 models.

Thank you ! I shouldved asked before I started everything , all day wasted giphy.gif

Went to get an alignment check. Couldn’t make adjustments. Rods/ends are frozen

Is it best to stick with oem replacements or is aftermarket is fine like Moogs/ autozone brand?

Also mentioned the rear essentric bolts are frozen, we have those from factory? (I thought we had non adjustable camber in the back). Camber is -2.2 atm. Bolt recommendation?

Today, I installed Moog inner and outer rods. steering boots were annoying to remove. I used a long thin pry bar to pop the inner worm clamps, then replaced them with screw type. The engine cradle made it hard to easily access. Had to cut off the driver side rod too. I was expecting having to remove a washer and pin like other Subaru forums mentioned, but didn’t have those. Just used the autozone tool to remove the inner rod, worked like a charm. Greased up the boots and sway bar bushings too.

Best part, I think the alignment is better than before and I haven’t gone in yet to get it checked.

https://i.imgur.com/gD7CP6z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/QGoRkBb.jpg

Finally got around to installing my Wangan SPL BE5 Legacy spoiler. Had a friend help me with the process, and despite having to redo one hole three times (we both swore the spoiler was pulling some voodoo with the way it would line up before drilling, then be way off after :spin: ), it came out excellent and I'm absolutely in love with the look. Totally changes the profile of the car, gives it exactly the 2000s tuner vibe I want. The spoiler is also super light (only about 5 lbs) so it doesn't impede trunk operation in anyway and is still super easy to open. As someone on the 5th gen FB group said, "it's subtle, but not too subtle". It's been a long process to decide on and finally install a spoiler for me, I feel like it's the final touch that should be put on a car cosmetically, but I am over the moon with how well this came out.

Also for anyone curious, the idea to combine a raised wing with a carbon lip was an idea I had inspired by the Mine's R34 Skyline (which ironically I used to main back when I played Initial D in arcades). The SYMS carbon lip sits further back on the trunk than any other design out there, and is almost entirely on the back surface of the trunk, leaving all but a few millimeters of the deck lid open for wing mounting. If I had never happened across the SYMS lip on YAJ randomly, I'd probably be posting about the Blitzen right now. And as for the Blitzen, yes, I still have it, and yes, I still plan to mount it. My plan for that is to find a second trunk for it and to badge up that trunk with the Blitzen badges, to swap out whenever I feel the desire.

1EeKtuy.jpg

9uAT1qn.jpg

LsOwsWr.jpg

xeIWaj4.jpg

QXWoxjT.jpg

bduNMhI.jpg

LRYthTE.jpg

JJrhM4S.jpg

Finally got around to tossing tires onto the GT wheels I bought last fall. Now I'm in the market for new spacers since the 20mm ones I have on don't seem to cut it anymore. Is there a point where spacers are too big and they **** things up somehow? Sorry, that was just a random thought. Anyway, no pics of the setup mainly because the car just looks like a stock GT that was mildly lowered without a hood scoop and is also filthy.

Anyone have any suggestions on how big the spacers I need to buy to make these stupid wheels sit more flush since 20mm isn't big enough?

25mm on the GT wheels is typically a really good fit. Totals out to +30 offset since the GT wheels are +55. I run 25mm spacers on my 3.6R stock wheels for winter, which are +48, so that equals out to +23 offset, and that's on 215/55/17, so bigger than stock size. It fits pretty flush but my fenders are also pretty aggressively rolled and pulled and that size leaves me some room still, so I can't say how anything bigger than 25mm might fit on your car.

That said, 25mm(1in) spacers in 5x100 56.1mm hub bore are very common to find, while 30mm or 35mm are more difficult to find in 5x100 56.1mm. You also run into spacers larger than 25mm (1 in) being sized in inches rather than mm, which can make the conversion a bit hard to land right on the mm with offset.

tl;dr give 25mm a try. If that doesn't cut it for what you want, roll your fenders, and find 35mm. I know first hand ichiba makes 35mm in 5x100 56.1mm hub.

Here's my winter fitment just for visual reference. 17x7.5 +48 on 215/55/17, 25mm spacers all around. https://www.instagram.com/p/CH65K9qJxVy/

I have 25mm spacers on my gt, they don't rub on anything as far as I have seen in the last 4 years or so. I would recommend a quality set of them, I went with Perrin and have been really happy with them. Just be sure of the size tire you are going to run. I am on a 225/50/18 conti dsw06 and it has a heck of a bead protector on it. If you go wider you may need to have your fenders rolled or pulled.

Topped off the radiator coolant. I know its not in the maintenance interval, but its looking like I should do a flush on it. I also moved the box of front wheel hubs, knuckles, and ball joints from one side of the garage to the other.. lol not mentally ready to commence that work yet.

I have 25mm spacers on my gt, they don't rub on anything as far as I have seen in the last 4 years or so. I would recommend a quality set of them, I went with Perrin and have been really happy with them. Just be sure of the size tire you are going to run. I am on a 225/50/18 conti dsw06 and it has a heck of a bead protector on it. If you go wider you may need to have your fenders rolled or pulled.

I just put a set of 225/45/18's on so I should be good.

• 2 weeks later...

Done a handful of things to my Legacy recently, some serious, and some absolutely not serious. Firstly, the serious stuff, I swapped out my 4-year old KNS 4K rotors for some DBA T2 Slotted rotors. The KNS rotors held up well and stomached 80k miles of daily driving, 4 autox events, and 2 track days, so I think I got my money's worth. However, they were starting to get pretty badly grooved, flaking rust off, and starting to show symptoms of warping, so it was time for a change. I've been wanting slotted rotors for a while too, and the full set of T2's was only about $60 more than a replacement set of 4k's. Also some fresh RBF600, and switching to my serious track pads, Carbotech XP10 fronts and XP8 rears, for my track day this weekend, but waiting till last minute because theyre obnoxious to drive on the street with.

L7yEk6i.jpg

yviCgvr.jpg

DgEEeBT.jpg

BIgmLkK.jpg

Biv4tux.jpg

In addition to my brake refresh, also picked up some serious grippy bois for my track day as well: Falken Azensis 615K+ in 245/40/18. I opted for 245/40 since the 615's don't come in the 255/40 I was running, and 245/40 is closer to that spec than the next closest option of 265/35, so I went with that. 245/40 was also cheaper, and I got them at a ridiculously dumb good price from a local vendor: $565 for the set. Literally can't get better than that for a serious street track tire. Super excited to feel the difference, it's my first time with a 200 treadwear tire (first time with anything more aggressive than 500 tbh). I haven't rung them out yet but I can already feel a huge difference on some of the more fun corners on my commute. Should be in for a serious showing out for my track day.

ii1HwtK.jpg

okjQ5TP.jpg

And now, for the not so serious: I had an idea to adorn my car (boat) in the fashion of the barge that recently got stuck in the Suez Canal, with a giant EVERGREEN die-cut plastered across both doors lmao. Call it a "livery" for my track day. When they call you a boat, become a barge. :lol: I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with the getting stuck gags, and the memes seem to have been well received on Facebook. My ultimate goal is to park blocking the exit to the pits with a row of cars behind me and have one of the photographers get a drone picture lmao. Legit makes me laugh every time I come out to my car.

hdW1Ppm.jpg

RidgP0n.jpg

VO19D49.jpg

I1wGcgy.jpg

HpRd4t8.jpg

MXhlaev.jpg

VCuOhxZ.jpg

lCDFeRn.jpg

9lau4XV.jpg

I'm having a lot of fun with this. :lol:

Wheel alignment.

- Front was in spec minus the Right front toe +0.15.

- Left rear toe was at -0.21

- Right rear toe was at -0.57

- Right Rear Camber was out of spec at -2.0.

Now it's all in spec.

Edited by amusa

Installed headlights, fogs and switch... I didn’t realize the combination stalk was for an outback, so now I have rear wiper motor switch too lol. Maybe I can wire up something cool down the road.

Intercooler spray!

I finally got the car back together after replacing the passenger side headgasket that was leaking at the top where the oil crossover feed is. I drove it all last summer with the oil leak and the boost eventually sent some coolant into the oil at the end of the summer and the beast was done for the year.

I got it back together last week, I had the frickin passenger side exhaust cam off one tooth and got the P0017 code. Tore back into it and got it all cinched up this weekend. Now it's running like a champ again and I hope just to enjoy it for a while before having to do anymore work to it... maybe I can go a whole year without tearing into the engine for repairs. If I'm just tearing into it to add fast or fun bits, that fine. Those are just bad financial decisions and not bad luck.:)

I burned off the winter storage tank of ethanol free gas last night and got the first full tank of e85 for the year. It goes from a mildly fun boost to a real ripper with the e85. As long as I'm hitting the boost the smile stays on my face.

I'm gonna get it all cleaned up and take some good pics of the engine bay for my build thread and explain what I have going on with it. I have a little vacation coming up in a week and will have to get to it after that.

Nice to see the new wave of owners showing up here as well.