LegacyGT.com

DRL Disable, in 10 minutes

Not that it really matters all that much but I felt compelled to post a response regarding the two prior posts above. Apparently there are some that just don't like DRL's in general however, the main reason for this thread and for this mod is to allow proper burn in and bulb life expectancy to be prolonged for those looking to add Xenon headlights.

^ While this is definitely a concern, there exists a "double negative" problem, here. ;)

Those aftermarket HIDs (or LEDs) do not fit road-legal requirements, either, and for the vast majority of those who perform this modification to their vehicle, little, if any, considerations are paid to help with glare to oncoming traffic. Even for those who go the distance with full-optics retrofits, most still do not incorporate auto-leveling or other such OE-implemented glare reduction systems.

Edited by TSi+WRX

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 1 year later...
I'm hoping someone might be able too help me out with an issue. Before disconnecting the drl module I had hid fogs and regular bulbs for both high and low beans. Everything was working just fine. After drl disconnected I installed hid low beams and led high beams. Now my fog lights don't turn on. When I turn on the fog lights the high beam indicator is on but now the high beam LEDs behave like jdm City lights where they are barely on. When I turn on the high beams the LED bulbs go to full power. What could be going on here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys Edited by Corr Performance

• 2 years later...
(edit - this is for 2005 and 2006 models only)

This walkthrough shows you exactly where everything is, and also how to remove fasteners and parts without breaking anything.

Green arrows, DRL module

Red arrows, panel attachments

Sorry to bring this back, but where is the DRL resistor in these diagrams? Easy to spot and access or tricky?