LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

Budgeting. I had a number when I started this process and I will stick to it. You are partially right (and not the fact that I am pinching pennies...cuz it certainly isn't that) in that I knew the truck wasn't 100% what I NEED so I decided to stick to my plan and budget. That said I like the PW and the fact that it isn't vanilla like every other Ram, Super Duty, Sierra, etc. driving ng down the road. I like my vehicles to be a bit different. It also has some nice features and a very nice interior.

I may end up leaving some money working at the bank and take advantage of 0% financing on some of the cost.

Drove a Tremor yesterday with the 7.3L/10 spd. That's a pretty nice rig and a stout combo, although quite thirsty. They would have to dealer trade out of state for the needed split bench.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

It's always tough to stick to your guns the budget. $500 becomes a slippery slope, so good on you. The dealer likely knows someone will buy it, and if you haven't dealt with them in the past or have a shared connection, they have no personal incentive to get the keys in your hand.

I'd love to own that Cummins of yours... I go back and forth between saving for a new truck and buying a cheap proj car.. or getting a farm truck and bringing home a go fast or luxury vehicle. That beast would top me on the latter.

I always end up buying projects, and my '10 lgt is no exception. But if I had to replace it tomorrow it would be for the car it won out over, an '11-15 335i x drive with the 6 speed. They're staying pretty steady at anywhere from 15-22k well optioned and low miles, but that's a used car. If they still sold the focus RS stateside I'd have one of them. I love my SVT to death.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Budgeting. I had a number when I started this process and I will stick to it. You are partially right (and not the fact that I am pinching pennies...cuz it certainly isn't that) in that I knew the truck wasn't 100% what I NEED so I decided to stick to my plan and budget. That said I like the PW and the fact that it isn't vanilla like every other Ram, Super Duty, Sierra, etc. driving ng down the road. I like my vehicles to be a bit different. It also has some nice features and a very nice interior.

I may end up leaving some money working at the bank and take advantage of 0% financing on some of the cost.

Drove a Tremor yesterday with the 7.3L/10 spd. That's a pretty nice rig and a stout combo, although quite thirsty. They would have to dealer trade out of state for the needed split bench.

You should watch vin wiki on YouTube on shrewd negotiation. Cash buyers are not interesting to dealers there is little profit in it. Consider financing then paying all but 1-2 years of payments off the loan and set that money up in an account to make those payments. They would likely deal with you then and it wouldn't cost you really anything more if you do it correctly. Check out vin wiki there are great tips in there for car buying and negotiating.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The dealer with the PW emailed me this morning (go figure as we near month end) and asked if I was still interested. The salesman was very nice so I replied, genuinely thanking him for his time and reaching out to me. I then told him I built and ordered a truck last night at a smaller dealer that is local to me, getting the truck I wanted and saving thousands. I'm happy and excited. This is my first new vehicle.

Yeah, the car needed some more oomph. Though I'm surprised they weren't able to get more out of it, with 20% more displacement. Was hoping for 20% more HP! I think they got close with torque, which is a good start. The "torque dip" aka the space between the two efficiency peaks (2400-3400 and 4500-6500) has been minimized, but only because the peaks have been lowered, IMO. Still a good improvement in power, while only gaining a few lbs in vehicle weight.

I'm on the fence about on the styling, however...

Yeah the torque dip was a big issue with the last gen BRZ/86, though the new one seems to have a small torque dip in its torque curve (though not as prominent). Styling wise I agree with you, it looks meh imo I'm more excited on the driving experience. Either way I think I'd hold out on buying one until the mid model refresh of the car

I wouldn't take too much stock in the mileage. it has 5 digit odometer and the reported incorrect odometer report is between 85k and 120k. It is a 32 years old car that has at least 196k miles on it. You want to judge it on condition. $9k asking price doesn't seem completely out of the ball park for a 5.0 Mustang, verified low mileage mint one are 15-20K, the $5k one are basket cases.

Do you want a fox body 5.0 Mustang? I haven't been in one in 25 years, but even then they weren't good for era in brakes or handling and fox body is going to pale in comparison to Legacy GT. I have a friend that has been off and on looking at them as more of nostalga when he has 86 GT in the early 90's. They were and probably still are relatively easy to modify.

Not even apples to apples comparing an LGT to a fox. I am newer to the LGT platform and turbo Subaru's and have had four fox cars all with various levels of modifications. There is no comparison in my book. Rear wheel drive, a torquey V8 with not the greatest weight distribution from the factory makes for tail chasing fun times if you so choose. The only time the LGT even thinks about getting away from the driver is in some snow and even then it needs to be pursuaded. The LGT rides nice, stops better and has air so those are all bonuses. Racing the two side by side.....stock for stock.....it might be a decent run.

man, for a couple grand more you can get a coyote s197, and if i'm going mustang, and don't have the 20k for an s550 with the IRS, that's what i'm doing. unless you really want a fox body, or are looking at it towards the investment spectrum, they're just old cars at this point. you can throw money at them and get them driving well, but throw some of that money to a newer car and start with a better platform and a more powerful engine.

each their own, and that *is* a clean fox body, but meh....

If I get one I'm looking at it from 2 perspectives. 1 more mature but older vehicle to have. 2 as a slight investment since the values are holding strong.

Drove 5hrs to go look at it, pictures of course never give the full story.

car had a hard time staying on if not driving it so it's drawing power hard. Even the heater drew to much. Ran VERY rich. Hatch didn't work at all or lock. About an inch and a half gap on the one side of it. Could tell it had been hit in the front passenger at some time. Passenger door literally would not open unless you pulled with both hands. Also tires would hit the fender only on passenger side, probably due to a previous accident I'm guessing. Broken windshield. Interior trim missing. Panels on the inside were a bit rough.broken windshield. Windows very hard time up and down. Steering was great, suspension was tight, trans good, good strong engine.

Had a good list of mods.

You can tell by the pics the interior has been worked over a few times at least. Mismatched this and that. For the money you can find much nicer. Hell, I let this go this summer for $9500....and it had spotless, unmolested black interior, engine work and some good suspension bits. fox.thumb.jpg.a6774b986f60c1da95ae2f542b6a98b6.jpg

I sold it to a friend and while I knew I could have squeezed a little more out of it I wanted it to go to an appreciated place. Not sure who had it on Bookface unless it was years ago. I do not partake.

Edited by whitexc

• 2 weeks later...

Well, with 82k on the clock, one head gasket replacement with cam installed and arp studs and running 22ish psi my 2010 lower end is on borrowed time. It runs like a top right now, but one day I can see an issue happening. I’m been researching either a Tesla Model 3 Performance or an Audi RS3. While I’d love the sound and upgrade possibilities of the Audi, the Model 3 is tough not to say no to with the small commuting that I’d do. Anyone else have any input. I test drove both in stock form and the instant torque of the Tesla and over 450hp is a blast. The Audi is impressive too but both stock, the Tesla shits on the Audi in straight lines and on the track from my researches. Hmmm... decisions [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tesla if you have a garage/parking situation conducive to overnight charging. Drove my buddy’s T3 and was impressed. The drag of the regenerative brakes would be useful in slow traffic if I was commuting at all under normal circumstances. Acceleration and handling were a lot of fun. Only thing I’d miss would be the manual trans (I’d be looking at the VW Golf R with the stick rather than the S3).

Tesla if you have a garage/parking situation conducive to overnight charging. Drove my buddy’s T3 and was impressed. The drag of the regenerative brakes would be useful in slow traffic if I was commuting at all under normal circumstances. Acceleration and handling were a lot of fun. Only thing I’d miss would be the manual trans (I’d be looking at the VW Golf R with the stick rather than the S3).

Yes, I have the luxury to charge the model 3 in my garage which is nice, 35 mile round trip commute to work 5 days a week. I’m usually not a practical person but I do like the little to no maint on the Tesla, even the brakes rarely get used under normal braking conditions. I don’t think I’ll miss the standard transmission, after driving stick for 25 years and not having to shift anymore seems relaxing lol! I do keep my cars for many years 10ish at a time so reliability is a factor. Pretty sure the Tesla wins in that dept. I don’t know, tough call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife drives an A3 2.0t quattro and it’s a lot of fun. I’m sure the rs3 is great. They are really small though. The back seat could be an option. Edited by Code
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder