LegacyGT.com

Fifth Gen Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

So I am loving my new 2010 Legacy GT! I have made a few little aesthetic changes and am loving how modable this car is, coming from previously driving an Audi S4.

The one thing that really bugs me about the car is the steering wheel. I understand that there is very little on the market in terms of aftermarket steering wheels that use the stock airbag. But what is still available?

I understand that the DAMD steering wheel is still available, but is anything else still on the market? Do any of the newer WRX wheels fit? Thanks for any input.

DAMD: https://www.blackhawkjapan.com/products/damd-ss362-d?_pos=8&_sid=5f13e5090&_ss=r

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

A number of folks on here have the Damd wheel and really like it - if you had a 12 you could get a 15+ WRX or STi wheel. There is also a member here who modified their own steering wheel to make a flat bottom wheel.

I did my own, but cant recommend it, unless you can mold your own grip then maybe. Rikgt sells all manner of wheels and custom things hit him up. He was even running a special recently.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by FLlegacy

Thanks for the input guys, I sent RikGT a pm. If he doesn't have an option I'll probably wind up going with the DAMD, looks like a solid product.

Sucks that nothing else is on the market :(

I guess that's what we get for having a low production car...

Thanks for the input guys, I sent RikGT a pm. If he doesn't have an option I'll probably wind up going with the DAMD, looks like a solid product.

Sucks that nothing else is on the market :(

I guess that's what we get for having a low production car...

RikGT doesn't use the forum much anymore, but I sent him a message on FB to let him know. Are you on the 5th gen group on FB Black2010LGT?

Hello I replied to his email but yet to hear back. If anyone is interested please email me as I do not go on here much. You can also send me a private message here. I adjusted my settings so it should let me know when I have one now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prova and GTSpec also made wheels at one point. Pretty sure GTSpec is out of business.

Just to be clear, any 2015+ WRX/STI stock or aftermarket wheel will work as long as you get a 2012-2014 Legacy/Outback airbag. PNP.

Edited by GTEASER

Prova and GTSpec also made wheels at one point. Pretty sure GTSpec is out of business.

Just to be clear, any 2015+ WRX/STI stock or aftermarket wheel will work as long as you get a 2012-2014 Legacy/Outback airbag. PNP.

Do you happen to have any pictures of the GTSpec one? I've never heard of that wheel before in my 4 years of ownership and I consider myself pretty well versed in aftermarket 5th gen stuff. Would love to see it out of pure curiosity.

Do you happen to have any pictures of the GTSpec one? I've never heard of that wheel before in my 4 years of ownership and I consider myself pretty well versed in aftermarket 5th gen stuff. Would love to see it out of pure curiosity.

Per some input in the AVOJDM DAMD wheel group buy thread, the GTSpec wheels were made at the same factory as the DAMD and Prova wheels. GTSpec went out of business 5 or more years ago now, but when we bought our wheels in that group buy, I did look at some pics of the GTSpec wheel at the time and it was very similar to the DAMD wheel, just with different leather and finish options. I seem to recall alcantera being an option maybe. Never saw a pic of one installed here on the forum, everyone went with DAMD and soon after the 2015 WRX/STI wheel also became known to fit, so guys weren't seaching so hard for options. Honestly, we are lucky to have the options we have anyways.