LegacyGT.com

Should swift springs be a little loose?

ckonegr

I just started installing swift springs on the rear of my car. After putting the swift spring on the strut and tightening down the top nut to where it was before, you can still swivel the spring a little bit (they are off the car). Is this right since the springs are shorter? Will the weight of the car lock everything in place? I want to do it right and only one time! Thanks.

I had the same issue and a clunk to go with it. As soon as I put Bilstiens and JDM top hats on the car the springs were tight and the clunk went away - and the car handled and drove MUCH better. I think Swifts are ment to work with JDM suspension.

I have JDM SpecB Rev B struts and SWIFT springs and SWIFT swaybars. ROCK SOLID

• 5 months later...
The first time i chimed in on this i thought they were but i wasnt 100% sure and it had been a couple months. I think joon525 is right and they will be loose if you dont seat the top right it wont slide all the way down like it should. I would double check that the top piece isnt hung up

I had the same issue and a clunk to go with it. As soon as I put Bilstiens and JDM top hats on the car the springs were tight and the clunk went away - and the car handled and drove MUCH better. I think Swifts are ment to work with JDM suspension.

I have JDM SpecB Rev B struts and SWIFT springs and SWIFT swaybars. ROCK SOLID

Did your car sit level with the Swifts/JDM top-hats, or did you need to double up on rear spring pads? I was under the impression (mostly from Mach V's pictures and other peoples anecdotes) that the swifts had proper ride height when used with the USDM stock top-hats. This is one of the reasons that I'm switching from Tokicos to Konis, so that I can use stock top-hats and get the intended ride-height.

I just took them back apart and put it all back together and stil the same thing. there is a little over a 1/4 inch of play. The shock will compress that little bit easily but it wont stay compressed. I cant see any way to fix it.

Since we're on the swift spring topic. I just want to hear some quick reviews from you guys that are running them. What you like about them and what you don't like.

Is the ride height evened out with these springs? Does the rear still sit lower than the front?

My plan is to use these springs with Koni inserts in the front and Koni struts in the rear. I figure this will be a very comfortable set-up and still have an aggressive stance with the swifts.

The fronts will be nice and nug with some preload on it. The rears, on the otherhand, have damn near no preload on the springs, and you should be able to tighten the tophats on w/out the use of a spring compressor. There should be no gaps though, the rear springs should be touching both the upper and lower spring perches.

The fronts will be nice and nug with some preload on it. The rears, on the otherhand, have damn near no preload on the springs, and you should be able to tighten the tophats on w/out the use of a spring compressor. There should be no gaps though, the rear springs should be touching both the upper and lower spring perches.

my rears have about a 1/4 inch gap between the rubber piece on top of the spring and the top hat leaving enough room for the spring to rotate.

Archived