LegacyGT.com

Need your help! Looking to buy my first Subaru!

Uween

Hello all!

Well, this will be my first time buying a Subaru and im looking at the Legacy right now. Im test driving a 2011 2.5i premium with all weather and a moonroof. It has about 45000 mile on it and its not citified. They are asking 18,700$, but they say they can do 18,000$ they say the have 17,000$ in it. Im getting what i want for my trade in. I just dont know if i can get them lower or is this a good deal? Plus they tell me i can get a 2013 with everything that the 2011 has in it for invoice 22,800$. Still i dont know if this is a good deal or not. Or should i wait for the 2014 models to come out, but dont know when that will be. I love the car and mpg is great and im needing an AWG car.

Thanks all

:spin:

What are your plans for the car? An every day commuter or do you have other plans for it?

2014 models will probably be a little more expensive - they will have more standard features. If you wait about 5-7 months the 2013's may drop a bit to clear inventory. Personally I don't like to go used if its not certified because you don't know how the previous driver treated it, unless I plan on gutting and re-doing the entire car.

Unless their is something specific you want in a 2014 (ie eyesight in premium). I would buy a 2013. You should able to do a little better than invoice on '13. I bought my '12 in July last year for 650 under invoice. (Mine is 6MT so that may have helped)

As for the '11 its upto you. I would still offer lower, aim for 17500 but offer 17,000. I don't trust anything a dealer tells me.

Archived