LegacyGT.com

Best Tire for 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5i

Good afternoon all. I am in the market for new tires and I am considering the Michelin CrossClimate + . I live in FL where it rains almost EVERY day in the summer. I am looking for a tire that can preform and handle in the wet weather, but also have a smooth quite ride when it's dry and last over 45k miles. I forgot to mention that I will need a tire that won't sink in the sand as I occasionally drive on the beach as well.

It's painful spending $ 206.00 per tire. Any recommendations would help. Thank you.

I replaced the stock Michelin tires with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 all seasons. I have absolutely no complaints about them so far: the ride is smooth and quiet and it performs well in all weather (rain and snow especially, in upstate NY). Comes in at around $108/tire and is a steal if you ask me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I replaced the stock Michelin tires with the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 all seasons. I have absolutely no complaints about them so far: the ride is smooth and quiet

So does that mean you think the Continental are quieter than the Michelin ?

I guess the answer to that might well be dependent on what "variety" of those brands a buyer chooses .... but I am leaning strongly towards Michelin for my upcoming tyre change, based purely on mere anecdotal evidence that they are the most quiet tyre on the market. (quietness on the highway is by far my main priority)

So does that mean you think the Continental are quieter than the Michelin ?

I guess the answer to that might well be dependent on what "variety" of those brands a buyer chooses .... but I am leaning strongly towards Michelin for my upcoming tyre change, based purely on mere anecdotal evidence that they are the most quiet tyre on the market. (quietness on the highway is by far my main priority)

It depends a lot on the model of tire you are considering.

I got Michelin Premier AS on my wife's Forester three years ago. They were definitely quieter than the Yokohama Geolanders and Pirelli P4s it had had before, but about the same as the Yokohama Ascend GTs that is has now. You can check the reviews at tirerack.com to see what their testing says about noise. For instance, the CrossClimate+ the OP referenced is louder than one of the competitors in this comparison, but has much better handling characteristics:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/spiderChart.jsp?ttid=231

I've been VERY pleased with Michelin AS3+ tires on both a 2015 wrx I owned, and my current 2019 legacy 3.6r. Handle well, quiet, impressive in rain too. They are not inexpensive... but I put a lot of value in a quality tire and am willing to pay accordingly - its a good time to buy when Costco has a sale on michelins and install ;)