LegacyGT.com

Do NOT purchase anything from CX Racing!

Sorry in advance if this is posted in the wrong section.

I would not deal with these irresponsible people.

I ordered a BRAND NEW catback exhaust for my Subaru Legacy GT from them and although the shipping was pretty quick, their credibility started going down the drain when I was unboxing it. The welds are horrid. The way they welded the muffler piping together is horrendous. Looking at the inside of the flange, one would question what they were thinking when they welded it up. So in hopes that it would at least fit and I wouldn't need to send any messages asking for some kind of resolve, I decided to test fit the exhaust. The mufflers do not line up in the bumper cutouts and the hangars cannot be adjusted to compensate for the unevenness.

So at that point, I was pretty upset. So I sent them a message. They first responded with "we can only give you $20 refund." Then I told them that it would not help and that if I tried to have it fixed, it was going to be $80+ in materials and labor for a shop to fix that. So I asked that I get an $80 refund and I would take care of the rest of the cost if the repair exceeded that. OR, they could refund me and pay return shipping. They then offered me only $30 and said that "this is the most we can give you." So now I am getting way more impatient and infuriated with their service. Then they instructed me to call them. So I did today. They proceeded to tell me that they could do $30 and that is it AFTER I had just told them that I was quoted $100 by local exhaust shops to fix it. I told the guy on the phone that it wasn't enough and I demanded either be refunded and them pay return shipping or they pay for the repair. The guy started getting smart with me and told me that I wasn't getting any money and that if I want to return it, I have to pay the return shipping. More was said and he continued to be smart with me.

Do not deal with this company. They are far too incompetent to do things the correct way and their customer service is an atrocity.

Here are photos of most of the problems. Don't mind the car. It's getting ready to be sanded down and painted. Lol. Also keep in mind that the exhaust is 100% bolted up and has no possible hanger adjustment to make it work. This is as close as you can get it.

Driver's side muffler bumper fitment:

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq181/MookzPartsPhotos/IMG_6150_zpsokhd9x8h.jpg

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq181/MookzPartsPhotos/IMG_6151_zpsipoasjmf.jpg

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq181/MookzPartsPhotos/IMG_6152_zpsaisqkgyj.jpg

Passenger's side muffler bumper fitment:

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq181/MookzPartsPhotos/IMG_6154_zpssb8nkxfv.jpg

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq181/MookzPartsPhotos/IMG_6155_zpsractjfre.jpg

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq181/MookzPartsPhotos/IMG_6156_zpsw9iirojr.jpg

Pointless and horrid piping to both mufflers:

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq181/MookzPartsPhotos/IMG_6163_zps2ypu9el4.jpg

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq181/MookzPartsPhotos/IMG_6165_zpskkgdkuo3.jpg

^ That ugly bend could have been avoided by putting the flanges closer the "Y" section and running a straight with a slight bend to 90 smoothly into each muffler.

And no corrosion protectant? NICE!

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq181/MookzPartsPhotos/IMG_6167_zpscdguj5ce.jpg

That exhaust has been sold under a few different brands now (gms, cx, fms). Their crappiness is pretty well known. Sorry for your loss.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Buy cheap parts and get shit quality. People can complain and they will lose customers but there will always be budget builders. That's why they will stay in business. My AVO catback was $1200. Fitment is dead on. Quality is awesome. You have to spend to play.

That exhaust has been sold under a few different brands now (gms, cx, fms). Their crappiness is pretty well known. Sorry for your loss.

I have the GMS one and couldnt be happier with the quality, fitment, and sound of it. none of the welds looked anything like this

That's fantastic. I remember when they first came out that people were having issues with the tips being offcentered and the mid would rub on some cars.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

CX doesn't have a super awesome reputation in the honda community, and those are people used to buying cheap parts for cars that might be worth $2500. Generally considered to be marginally better than completely unbranded chinese parts, since you at least have a company to direct your frustrations at.

Certainly with these cars, you need to pay to play. Borla sounds like sex on them, but $800 is a hard pill to swallow when you're used to spending half of that on a different platform. If I had to guess, we'll probably start seeing more and more cheap/knockoff aftermarket parts becoming available in the near future.

Personally, I'm just going to DIY a couple of axlebacks/can swaps until I like the way my LGT sounds. I love that the stock exhaust uses 2-bolt flanges right before the cans.

I've had the FMS in the past and it was a perfect fit and the welds were immaculate. I opted to cut corners on my budget for the exhaust as I'm near completion of the build and didn't care about getting some "fancy" pre-made exhaust for $800+. Based on the photos and description that they had in the listing, I figured that I would give it a shot. But that was a big mistake. So I'm having their business flagged.

I am on the fence about maybe just selling the exhaust to someone that may have the time or feels up to having this exhaust fixed to work. Then just running an open dump downpipe we can make at my shop for my twin scroll setup. Then maybe eventually we will just build a V-Band exhaust to fill my cutouts. So $500 later, I'll have a way nicer V-Band exhaust that is perfectly mocked up to fit. My fabricator does great work. I just don't want to be spending money on the material to fix it. It's only an $80-100 fix. But I'm one of those people that isn't going to pay out of my pocket to fix a brand new item if I could have had a better version built locally for the same price that I paid for this one. (which I don't have time for right now.)

So if anyone is in Florida and would like to take this exhaust off my hands, $275 and it's yours. Then I can close this dispute and never deal with these thieves again.

CX isn't much better in the Cruze community. The FMIC kit has no temperature benefit over the stock FMIC that is sammiched between the condenser and radiator. ZZP and the new BNR kit was way better but cost more for a reason.

Sent from my iFail using Tapatalk App

I used to run a CX Racing universal 2.25" FMIC, my only complaint was it was 2.25" and not 2.5". Besides that it was a good heft compared to other ebay IC's (the heavier the intercooler the better, because it can store more heat from intake charge). Only reason I switched away from it it is, because I got a 3.5" Precision intercooler, gained no power from the switch though.

I've also bought universal IC pipping kits from them, good quality for china piping.

The exhaust looks fine for the price you paid, welds look fine too, fitment always sucks with cheap exhausts.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

OK...I've read this entire thread. You bought an inexpensive exhaust system. The welds are not awful and what is on the inside, you can't see and doesn't affect anything anyway. You are complaining because it doesn't fit well-adjust it. I have an inexpensive CBE I bought several years ago. I did a little work and bent a hanger here and there, heated and moved some stuff, and I even cut the midpipe and put in a Schoenfeld race muffler to help quiet it down a bit. Mine fits within about 1/8" all the way around (let me rephrase that-it's about 3/8" at the closest and about 1/2" at the furthest-I meant 1/8" of being the same between the two sides) the rear valance cutouts because I spent a bit of time to make sure it fits. I also have mine wrapped all the way to the Y and it makes your interior sound a bit tunable.

You didn't want to pay much, so you got an exhaust that isn't perfect. Most of the expensive CBE systems require a bit of tweaking to make them fit. CX Racing is not claiming that their exhaust is a top line system or they would be charging $800+ for the system,same as Invidia or Perrin or Cobb or Borla, etc. They sell an inexpensive, 304 stainless exhaust system that will bolt on. You do a little work here and there, and it looks passable and sounds OK (a bit loud, hence my Schoenfeld muffler), at least to the younger crowd.

You can bitch about it and threaten them and they'll never respond, which is what you have already experienced, or you can take their little bit they offer, which is more than most other cheap type of parts companies would do, and bite the bullet and fix it yourself or pay the additional $70 to have a shop fix it. Either way, you'll be saving $600+ versus an expensive system.

Once you do it, and it all lines up OK and you're driving the car, it will make no difference anymore and you'll be fine with it. The welds are the welds, and the pipe is the pipe, and the cans are the cans, and the tips are the tips. You can control the fitment yourself and then just drive it.

No exhaust is perfect, no matter what you may think. You saved a bunch of money and now you're bitching because you did. Just fix it and drive it. CX Racing couldn't give a damn what you think. They'll sell 100 more to others and never hear a word and hear cha-ching all the way to the bank.

Didn't you know when you bought a ~250$ catback it wouldn't have perfect fitment? I mean I could even under stand a rubbing issue and complaining but c'mon man! if you bought an invidia than I could understand your complaint but this is a know cheap set up and you got your money's worth in my opinion.

My setup was a take off from a member here cut for the invidia mid pipe so I already had to cut to fit. Ended up chopping at the y and made it work. I'm probably going to find a mid pipe muffler to quiet things down.

As for corrosion I used engine enamel with ceramic. I'll see how long that holds up as BBQ black high heat eventually chipped away after a few winters.

Last thing is you also have the ability to cut and put on new tips. eBay is flooded with tips. I'm trying to find the ATS ones for my DD.

Sent from my iFail using Tapatalk App

Well because my car isn't the usual nanny car that sit's 10 feet off of the ground, I refuse to spend the $700+ on a proven exhaust when I know that the ground will be scraping it up. If the FMS version was still available for our cars, I would have purchased it again for $20 more because the "cheap" exhaust actually fit perfect. For $300, I could have taken it to an exhaust shop and had it built to perfection. Before inserting smartass "why didn't you then" question below, know that I am in the middle of finishing up this build and I can't take it to a shop to have the exhaust done right now. Once I am finished painting it and converting the AVCS gears, it's going straight to tuning. Not that I owe any of you an explanation. But I figured I would mention it before the babble comes back at me from the "dude ZOMG you bought ebay exhaust, you should have expected that... blah blah blah" people.

Simply put, this is just another thread that has a sole purpose to keep our fellow members from purchasing this exhaust from them. Nothing more, nothing less.

Simply put, this is just another thread that has a sole purpose to keep our fellow members from purchasing this exhaust from them. Nothing more, nothing less.

This my friend, is slander and is actually illegal. Your speaking out just to damage the company's reputation, when there is nothing wrong (at least not beyond what's expected from a $300 eBay exhaust). You don't go to Harbor Freight expecting Craftsman quality, then why do you go to eBay and expect $1k fitment out of a $300 exhaust?

Why do you want to prevent others from buying from them? I personally would rather buy from CXRacing then another eBay no-name company since they at least have a support line to talk to, and those welds actually look pretty good.

22 Ascent STOCK

Just to chime in. I have the complete AVO turbo back. It didn't fit out of the box. It was in 4 sections including the DP. I had to fabricate...spacers...out of 1/4 stainless...to lengthen the rear section of the exhaust. I also had to reverse my RSB brackets (upside down) to move the RSB mounting higher. So the exhaust would not contact the bar. Longer exhaust hangers....I was not going that route.

The mid-y-section...was actually contacting/conflicting with the AVO rear chassis braces. All their own sh*t. And that is not a cheap exhaust system. When you modify a car, you need to be prepared to...well..."modify"

14414851814270.thumb.jpg.a32989d206c882158041d1448592a8fb.jpg

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

get what you paid for... common sense... i spent good $ on my Down and up pipe but went cheap as well for the exhaust living here in MI even high quality SS takes a beating so i went cheap i had the same issue as you with fitment. i went to the parts store and bought several diffrent size rubber hangers and played around till i got it where i wanted it. good luck!

Just to chime in. I have the complete AVO turbo back. It didn't fit out of the box. It was in 4 sections including the DP. I had to fabricate...spacers...out of 1/4 stainless...to lengthen the rear section of the exhaust. I also had to reverse my RSB brackets (upside down) to move the RSB mounting higher. So the exhaust would not contact the bar. Longer exhaust hangers....I was not going that route.

The mid-y-section...was actually contacting/conflicting with the AVO rear chassis braces. All their own sh*t. And that is not a cheap exhaust system. When you modify a car, you need to be prepared to...well..."modify"

And it looks like you got a pretty big exhaust leak on the left muffler to Y pipe connection too.

This is why I'll just build my own exhaust when the time comes, cheaper and will make it fit with everything.

22 Ascent STOCK

And it looks like you got a pretty big exhaust leak on the left muffler to Y pipe connection too.

It's not as big as it looks. All AVO, including the gaskets. The flange is not perfectly flat, it is the muffler flange. I have to machine it flat...stainless is so hard...I have been putting the task off. But it came out of the box that way...a little frustrating since it si JDM and not cheap. I will be doing that job today or tomorrow as I want to swap my rear sway bar back to stock anyway. My midway spacers that I made, don't leak.

But hey, thanks for noticing...LOL.

CKE SSP product information and sales : chris.ckessp@gmail.com

And no corrosion protectant? NICE!

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq181/MookzPartsPhotos/IMG_6167_zpscdguj5ce.jpg

Corrosion protectant?

That weld just looks like the welder used too much heat - not corrosion - assuming the piping and filler wire used was/is stainless.

A full-penetration :dm: weld virtually requires the inside of the tube to look like that... otherwise you aren't completely joining the two pieces.

tl;dr

There is no issue there.

Archived