LegacyGT.com

99 Legacy electronic door lock issue

Just bought a 99 Legacy sedan that has issues with the electronic door locks working, they don't at all. So the switches on both the drivers and passenger door don't lock or unlock when pushing the switch. It has a factory OEM keyless entry system installed. The fob with a new battery doesn't do anything either.

I also noticed that when opening the drivers door the dome light and light on bottom corner of the door won't turn on. When I open the other doors the lights will turn on.

All window switches work just fine roll up and down. The little red light in the security button deal next to the fog lights doesn't light up as well. I checked voltage at the connector for the door locks on the drivers door and found it had 4.5v roughly.

Not sure if its something in the drivers door causing issues cause light and door switch don't work but window switches do just fine or if its the keyless module causing the problem cause it failed?

Pic is of the keyless module in my legacy

1337208892_keylessleg.thumb.jpg.5c180d7ffcffa56b3f7c9b72cb42218d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar issue. I bought the car without the key fob working. The lock buttons on both front doors wouldnt work. I got behind the dash and took out the same unit you have in your hand. I haven't found a substantial replacement or write up to get keyfob and full security function back.

It used to be crazy, my car would go into anti-theft mode randomly especially on hot humid days (I live in south TX). I could be driving down the road and the alarm would go off.....

I dont have any blown fuses but after I pulled that unit I got normal functionality back from the buttons on the door. Obviously I don't have keyless entry but I also dont have to reach in the front and back and to manually lock each door. It's a compromise I guess cause the next generation of LGT is more popular.

Archived