LegacyGT.com

Failed Smog (California)

If it is not, it's really on Subaru to fix it. They got the approvals from CARB for the emission equipment that was stock on the 2010 LGT, based on a certification process or labeling that was obviously incorrect. They got it right on my 2012. I wonder what the 2011 decal says.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems like the sticker just carried over from the previous years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Except that it says "MY10". :lol: Gotta hope for Subaru's sake that the 2010's aren't really supposed to have Secondary Air Pumps, they could have a VW Cheat Gate on their hands.

Edited by GTEASER

Received an update. They said that Subaru is now working with the State of California to fix the error, but they expect this to take a number of weeks. My sticker expires next week, doh!

Received an update. They said that Subaru is now working with the State of California to fix the error, but they expect this to take a number of weeks. My sticker expires next week, doh!

Don't worry about it. If you get pulled over just the cop any documentation you have. If DMV wants to charge you extra for being late, just go in and explain the issue with all the documentation you have.

Ask for something official from subaru, just in case. And talk to someone in charge at the dmv to see what you should do in the mean time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Excellent advice.

My wife's balls are delicious.

Yes. It's just that it will likely never be an issue in those States. CA is by far the strictest.

NY is very close behind. I know we didn't "need" the CARB stuff for modded cars in NY, but many inspectors wouldn't pass it unless they were CARB certified. I was a NYS Inspector in my time as a mechanic on Long Island (96-2003), so I remember that when I was working. Our shop was a little lenient, and we got hit by the DMV for passing a vehicle with non-CARB parts.

2014 Legacy 2.5i 6M - FB25 w/ a 6 speed

2002 Impreza 2.5TS - EJ251 w/ a 5 speed (The Stormtrooper)

Upstate NY may be different. All they do here is check via OBD that no CEL are on. No visual exhaust or emissions, and no sniffers. Modded cars have no issue passing inspection here.

Generally, upstate is a lot less strict than downstate NY. But some places will still do a visual inspection and fail you if you're missing exhaust bits. One dealership wouldn't pass my old STi because even though I had a catted DP on there, it didn't have the TWO cats that the stock DP had. Went to the local Midas after that and they passed it with no problems. Seems to work out best for modified cars if you go to an inspection shop that doesn't know your car inside and out :lol: